So Many Plants In Such Little Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusionalFate

Winter Madness
Reaction score
How do you guys do it? I keep on reading about these small little (non-SoG!) closet grows that have 8-10 plants in a 10 sq ft area or whatever. My grow area is 10 sq ft and I can only fit FOUR 5 gallon pots in it, and that's when they're right next to each other with little to no space in between. Either these people have rootbound plants, they settle with quite a bit less yield per plant, or I'm missing something.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to somehow be able to fit 8 plants in my rather small closet!

You answered your own question. You're growing in 5 gal pots, big plants. If you want more plants, grow them smaller in smaller containers. I use 2 and 3 gal most of the time and try to never really go over 3ft tall. Also, grow single colas. No lst or topping.If you crowd plants they tend to grow one fat main cola and smaller lower growth.

bombbudpuffa said:
You answered your own question. You're growing in 5 gal pots, big plants. If you want more plants, grow them smaller in smaller containers. I use 2 and 3 gal most of the time and try to never really go over 3ft tall. Also, grow single colas. No lst or topping.If you crowd plants they tend to grow one fat main cola and smaller lower growth.
Wouldn't that be SoG then? I will be germinating 10 seeds, and may not have enough females to do a proper SoG, and doesn't SoG work best with clones spaced at about 3 per sq ft?

I just ordered a Lumatek 600w ballast over a 400w for light penetration reasons only, and the four plants will be receiving 8400 lumens/sq ft during flower and 6850 lumens per sq/ft during veg.

Yeah dude I have a 4x4x4 grow box and I have 32 plants in there in 1gal grow bags and I pull over 2lbs. All you do it grow your mother to where you can take the amount of clones you need root them in 2wks or less then transplant them in 1 gallon grow bags or whatever pot veg them for 5-7 days to get the roots a little bigger then flower them that way your harvesting in 60 days instead of 120. Just make sure the strain you have is good for sea of green grow methods or else you will be disapointed. I had a sativa hybrid one time and it grew WAY to tall. So its up to you bro when you grow inside you make the decisons on when to flower your crops. I go by a minimum of 4 plants per square foot so if you have 10 square feet do the math. hope this helps
Peace and Love

The strain I will be growing (Dutchbreed's "Autum Fall") is a cross between Northern Lights, Hawaii, and Lowryder. How well do you think this would do for a SoG?

I just read a post about a week ago with you asking about putting a 1000w in your closed space. Now you are saying that you pull 2+lbs???? 4 plants per square foot is max not min and that is for seedlings, you want more like 1 plant per square foot maybe 2 for sea of green.

Killertea08 said:
Yeah dude I have a 4x4x4 grow box and I have 32 plants in there in 1gal grow bags and I pull over 2lbs. All you do it grow your mother to where you can take the amount of clones you need root them in 2wks or less then transplant them in 1 gallon grow bags or whatever pot veg them for 5-7 days to get the roots a little bigger then flower them that way your harvesting in 60 days instead of 120. Just make sure the strain you have is good for sea of green grow methods or else you will be disapointed. I had a sativa hybrid one time and it grew WAY to tall. So its up to you bro when you grow inside you make the decisons on when to flower your crops. I go by a minimum of 4 plants per square foot so if you have 10 square feet do the math. hope this helps
Peace and Love

Since you're just starting the genetics, I think the main concern is getting a few motherplant contenders, and SOGing would come later. Maybe clone all 10 plants just before flowering. By the time the original females flower out, you will already know which you liked best, and can keep one of the unflowered clones as mother ~ can also clone as soon as pistils appear. I did both with my grow, cloning before flowering and at 2 weeks, and have some good motherplants to choose from while the originals are finishing.

Yeah because Ive done it with a 6oow hps dude and It worked great I had all single cola plants so I could cram them in at one oz per plant 32plants is 2 lbs I just wanted to know if I could use the 1000w in the same place with out heat problems I know now I cant unless I use a/c or consider something taller. I have many books saying that you can have 4plants per sq foot. If using 1 gallong containers 2 plants is one foot by 2plants below that 1foot by 1foot 6in containers and it works

So you harvested 2lbs from 600 watts???? Thats 1.5 g/ watt, what are the names of these books that say to SOG at the rate of 4 plants per square foot, throughout the grow? With 1 plant per square foot it will be very cramped in the grow space by muturity.

What type of medium do you grow in?

The strain your growing is a hybrid I stick with strains that I read about in books such as The Big Book of Buds its at book stores in the gardening section depending on where you live. Do your homework and find a strain that has the right growth for the space you have the high you want and anything else.

Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible by Jorge cervantes, Grow Great Marijuana by Logan Edwards and any Ed Rosenthal book

I use a mixture of Fox Farms ocean forest and high phosherous guanos
Metanatural
mycorriza fungi
2 part nute earth ambrosia/earth nector
sweet
flouralicious plus
budswel

So you harvested 2lbs from 600 watts????
That is amazing. I just got 1/4 pound from 645w. If my room had a few more plants I could probably got close to a half pound but 2?!? What kind of medium are you using?

bombbudpuffa how big is your space
5ftx2.5ft. 12.5 sq ft. So, it's a lil bigger than yours. Actually I got close to a half lb or a lil over this grow. Theres no way I could have pulled 2 lbs from my setup though. I wish:D.

Latest posts

Back