So much for Eric Holder's promise...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.greengenes

Reaction score
Police raid 2 marijuana dispensaries, arrest owner
The Associated Press
Posted: 08/12/2009 02:16:21 PM PDT
Updated: 08/12/2009 08:56:30 PM PDT

CULVER CITY, Calif.—Officials say federal and local agents raided two medical marijuana dispensaries in the Los Angeles area and arrested the owner.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office says drug task force agents served a state search warrant at the Organica Collective in Culver City, at the Overland Gardens Collective in West Los Angeles and at a home on Wednesday.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Jose Martinez says agents from several agencies seized about 100 pounds of marijuana, about 200 live plants and about $100,000 in cash.

Martinez says the owner of the dispensaries, 50-year-old Jeffrey Joseph, was arrested at his home in Topanga Canyon.

He says agents shot a pit bull during the raid but the dog is expected to survive.

No further details were released.

kasgrow said:
Is anyone really surprised? Not me.
They need practice kicking in doors and arresting people in the middle of the night.

Eric Holders promise??? lol

Did you believe a person who call an entire race " cowards " on national tv in his acceptance speech for not inviting other races into their homes on their private time?????

I still have that bridge for sale. It was just repainted.
The troll comes with the sale and gets 50% of the tolls collected.

wow, i feel sorry for the dog.

all that weed, and the only plausible ending was that a defenseless animal got shot.

How many people could have died because of all that weed.

in fairness, it said it was a state search warrant. must've been up to something else, apparently.

IDK but if they were doing busness wrong and not obeying the laws it just hurts state that have not legalize MMJ. Once everyone goes by the laws their state has passed and plays by the rules then other state gov't will see it working and be more likely to pass laws to help people get the meds that are right for them. Once the MMJ hurtle is crossed then we can worry about legalization for all.

If they were in violation of state law (and it sounds like they were) they deserve to be busted. Dispenseries that are opperating under the legal statutes don't seem to fear the law. And just as an asside, the fact that they had a pit in thier dispensery is a classic clue that these people were in the wrong. I'm not saying all people who own pits are criminals, but you don't see alot of gang bangers with poodles. Certainly a case of a dog breed getting a negative wrap due to the class of people (as depicted by the press) usualy associated with them.

Dude that got popped was allready under investigation, and had been raided once gefore during the Bush regime.

The City of LA has to get a handle on thier clubs before the feds do. If they regualte them, the feds will not come in.

It seems like the overwhelming majority of dispenseries are doing what they need to to stay on the right side of the law. But you're always going to have some people who really don't care about the negative effects of thier actions on the movement as a whole.
People who break the law by running dirty dispenseries put the whole movement in a bad light. A few incidents like this is what the opponents of any kind of legalization point to and claim everyones the same and it's all a scam.

I read between the lines and thought the same thing; that the clubs were dirty or that someone pisssssed off the pope. There are a lot of mmj dispensaries in the L.A. area that are not getting busted. So they singled out a bad boy to make an example of the fact that the DEA isn't going to disappear completely from its Gestapo role IMHO.

Their skills were getting rusty and they all needed some "practice"?

intellenoob said:
in fairness, it said it was a state search warrant. must've been up to something else, apparently.
THEY ARENT PAYING TAXES!

COME ON PEOPLE KNOW TO RECOGNIZE A LEGIT PLACE.

OGK:
Do tell, bro. Care to elaborate on how to recognize a legit place? I'm a new MMJ patient and I don't know one from the other. I bought one dank bud from Blue Sky Cafe in Oakland. I'm headed to Sacramento this week to buy more. Should I call and ask if they pay their taxes? Maybe Governor Schwarzenegger's web site has some good references? Please let us know if you have some resource or hook-up on dispensaries.

mr.greengenes
Sac is OK for some of the clubs, but they too are in the process of "weeding" out the shady clubs.
If you want to go to a cool club with more herb and clone choices then any other club, go to Harborside Health Center in Oaklan.

Google HarborsideHealth for the info.

I feel Harborside will rise to the top, and stay there.

Anyone want a good business model?
Emulate Harborside.

NorCalHal,

I'm driving right through Sacramento on my way to Lake Tahoe tomorrow. Any recommendations there? I was planning on going to: Florin Wellness Center.

Man, Sac is tough. Seems the clubs there get more than their fair share of bad rep.

There is one Called 'Dorado' or 'Eldorado' that I have heard a few good things about, but can't verify that personally. I've obviously never been there.

Can't go wrong @ HS.

Why not just try the one in Tahoe???

Didn't know about the Lake Tahoe dispensary. After some research, I'm going to Harborside. Turns out it will only add 15-20 minutes to my trip. Looks like a sure thing and I'd rather go with a proven value than a gamble... and I'm not much of a gambler. Ironic that I'm going to gambler country. But more than anything, just going to Lake Tahoe to appreciate the beauty rather than throw my money away. I have my vices, but losing money to a one-armed bandit isn't one of those. Plan on purchasing some hashish...a good high without the "Hey, I'm stupid and paranoid" feeling.

Latest posts

Back