Advertise On Marijuana Passion

"soft white" flouros

Northern1337s

Reaction score
hi is it ok to use the kind of flouro lights that plug into a regualr lamp socket?

the one im looking at is called a soft white one and I want to know if it will grow plants like the cool white will.

S

Stoney Bud

Northern1337s said:
hi is it ok to use the kind of flouro lights that plug into a regualr lamp socket?

the one im looking at is called a soft white one and I want to know if it will grow plants like the cool white will.
It depends entirely on the lumen output of the light. Did the package tell you?

Northern1337s

Reaction score
i dont know I'll check it later (I didnt buy it cuz I wasnt sure) and then i'll put the info on here

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Average for wal-mart compact florous.

42W=2300 lumens approx.
32W=1700 lumens approx.

I like to use a mixture of cool whites and soft whites. I found this helps my female ratio. but that is just my theory no fact behind it. Soft whites tend to run a little hotter than the cool whites.
Soft white give out a little bit of the red spectrum and the cool whites give out more of the blue. I like to give a full spectrum of light during veg. but again thats just me.

Northern1337s

Reaction score
thx Mutt maybe Ill buy some. I'm doing a stealth grow and I need something small but good and not too expensive. I have some copact flouros right now but no ballasts... and I have 2 working 15 watt reg flouros with one speacial 40 watt grow flouro
I'll try

Latest posts