Soil from Local Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
it will take tremendous amounts of water to wash those time release nutes out of the soil, and I have no idea how you would be able to tell when thay are finally all out. .

I have 5-5 gal bucket that Do Not have any MG in them and there from my last grow and the rain has been washing any nutes out, but was wondering if that be ok to reuse.?

I think I'll take back some of the Kid Xmas present just so I can have Good soil.:D Wife would have a COW if I did that.!:eek: Screw her, because she Screwed me.:hubba:

Oh dear.

I just rescued a plant that someone had planted in MG "soil". The plant was NOT doing well. I found that the poor thing had practically no root development and was not even able to support itself properly either. I removed as much soil as possible trying not to damage the roots too much, and repotted in modified coco with a good soaking afterwards. It is still alive today so maybe it will make it.
I tipped the MG "soil" out onto the compost heap which is where it belongs: it appears to consist of ground-up vegetable matter mixed with dead leaves. This isn't soil it's garbage! Such a medium would be incredibly acidic due to the decaying plant matter.

You could re-use the old soil, you would want to amend it though, add worm castings, dolomite lime, perlite etc....or I suppose if it is thouroghly flushec of nutes, you could treat it like a soiless mix, and start off the bat feeding with a good veg nute, treat it as if it has no nutes whatsoever, the only problem with this is again how do you know if everything is out of the soil?

legalize_freedom said:
, the only problem with this is again how do you know if everything is out of the soil?

Right now I would have to let the soil bucket dry before I can play with it.
I'll try one and see what happens.!
Hopefully I can work some this week to make some extra money from my Daze & Confuse landlord...:rofl:

Latest posts

Back