soil wont dry !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stein_free

Reaction score
hey everyone:) i read a thread on MP about this cant remember what forum though , anyway i got some soil that says it protects from overwatering.:eek: at first i thought it would have great drainage quality's , but i think it just retains the water (and ferts) wich can cause seriouse problems.:( anyway if you do purchase this type of soil you should add more perlite for better draining and increase air circulation.IMO plus i also raised room temp. (only a degree or two) instead of 70-75 its up 75-80 and with the extra air it seems to help dry it a little but it still seems to feel and look moist after a couple days so i also changed my watering cycle, it dont seem to be affectting my ladys ....... yet, but it had me worried for a few days ..... any comments or suggestions would be apprectiated .

Maybe try a fan in there. I've noticed that my fan seems to take a lot of moisture out of the soil, as in nature wind does .

thanks runbyhemp, i put another smaller fan down lower, wich does seem to be helping (more air circulation )

stein_free said:
hey everyone:) i read a thread on MP about this cant remember what forum though , anyway i got some soil that says it protects from overwatering.:eek: at first i thought it would have great drainage quality's , but i think it just retains the water (and ferts) wich can cause seriouse problems.:( anyway if you do purchase this type of soil you should add more perlite for better draining

What is the brand of soil you got? I got one that made that same claim and I mixed it with 30% vermiculite. But I ran out of vermiculite on my last 2 plants so they are in the soil 100% with no probs.

IMO plus i also raised room temp. (only a degree or two) instead of 70-75 its up 75-80 and with the extra air it seems to help dry it a little but it still seems to feel and look moist after a couple days so i also changed my watering cycle, it dont seem to be affectting my ladys ....... yet, but it had me worried for a few days ..... any comments or suggestions would be apprectiated .

are you in a dry climate or what?

Try Ferti-Lome soil. thats what I use, never have problems with it.

Latest posts

Back