Some Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlin_88

WAKE UP
Reaction score
So my babies are about 3-4 weeks into there vegetative growth and here is a picture of my best looking plant. Is the container I have them in big enough to allow for a decent sized plant. Are the stems longer than they should be? Is it not getting enough light?

Judging from the pics how much longer do you guys think it will be before flowering starts? I know its hard to say but a guesstimation is what I'm looking for.

My Baby1.jpg

My Baby2.jpg

My Baby3.jpg

hey merlin, I can give you my opinion based on indoor growing. The little girls seem to be stretching for light and the container is 2 small for indoor grows. If your plan is to put that in the ground I feel you will have bad root bound problems. Temper this info remembering I am an inside grower.

The pots are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to small. Cant really tell from the pics but the pot looks like it is smaller than a gallon. I would recommend a five gallon bucket for each plant. Just recently my local grocery store was throwing away some four gallon buckets so I have most of my girls in those.

They are also hurting for some light. My plants are about that size around five days old, so at three or four weeks they should be a lot bigger than that. Try to find a nice sunny spot for them and they will get much bigger and better.

Flowering depends on where you live. Good luck Merlin and keep us all updated on the grow.

Hello Merlin

I have a few questions (I grow outside too)

When is your longest day of the year? (we can then work out your time for flowering)
What is that grow medium your using? (it looks pre nuted)
Why have you got 2 plants in 1 pot?
What kind of weather do you have in your part of the world at this moment in time?
Why are you using semi opaque pots? (light to the root system is a no no)
Finally, have you started feeding them yet? and what npk values do you have/are you using

The stretch is lack of light, the pots are too small, and stop showing your fingerprints!!

Ok.
I'm not sure when the longest day of the year is for me. But I live in north-west NC.
I am using "Expert" potting soil that feeds for up to nine months.
I set two sprouts in each of the pots and then as they grew i transplanted. The one that you see is a straggler that I am about to get rid of.
The weather has been very warm lately. the past couple days there have been some scattered showers so im gonna hold off on the water for a few days.
I had no idea about the semi-opaque thing i will transplant into five gallon buckets as soon as I can. Are they still young enough to transplant successfully?
I have just recently started giving them some ferts. I'm giving them a water soluable fertilizer that is 24-8-16. Lol good call on the fingerprints too. I was just trying to give a size reference.
But I should plant each sprout in a 5 gallon bucket? With holes in the bottom and rocks lining the bottom?.......I'm gonna need more potting soil.

:ciao:I would hold off transplanting until the roots are well developed .... When I plant from seed I start off using a 9 oz cup ... when they are too big for that I transplant into a 32 oz cup ... (this is for my indoor plants) ... once they are too big for that I transplant them into the final on gallon pot ...for some reason when I when right to the gallon pot some didn't do to well ... is seems once they are rootbound and are transplanted to a bigger pot they take off ... I believe this could be due to a strong root system ...
... once I've sexed the plants I put them outside ... in May here in NE Ohio ... our longest day is in June ... the 21st or something like that ...

... I tell ya what ... my plants are extremely happy outside ... :hubba:

So how long should I wait before I transplant them into the buckets? The containers I have them in are 4-5 quarts which is roughly a gallon. Is transplanting them into 5 gallon buckets really necessary because I dont want to put them through more stress than is necessary. What I'm saying is can I grow a good plant with a good yield in a gallon container? Oh btw I moved my plants so they are getting at least 6 hours of sunlight every day if not more.

and i was wondering grow rebel, how do you know when they are too big for the cups? I have some seeds planted in an empty egg carton and I was wondering when the best time to transplant them from there to a gallon/5gallon container.

I would transplant them into the buckets as soon as possible. They should have a good root system after three weeks of growth. I always plant my seedlings in dixie cups and transplant into their final pots after about two weeks. They also need as much full sun as possible. The more, the better your yield will be. They will most likely finish around September or October. You have a good while my friend. Just my thoughts. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back