some random questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
hey guys,
Currently i am growing some bubble gum and cindy 99 in separate 5 gallion aquafarm hydro buckets. i had a question about the res....when you adjust your ph of your res, and a couple of days later, when the res is half empty and you need to add water, should you ph adjust the water you are adding? Or should u not add water, let it run out then just fill it up normally? Or is that wasting the nutes?
also, i had a question about my previous buds. After each harvest, i get great crop, but when i cure them, i am obviously doing something wrong because they always end up smelling funny, no matter the strain. Their real smell comes out when i break it up, but obviously i am doing something wrong, because it should smell like that always. When i cure, i hang them for a couple of days (i live in a dry climate, and i usually finish hanging once i can crack the stem). Then i go straight to jars, and give them fresh air for about 20 minutes every day for the first couple of weeks, then bring it down to about 5 minutes every day and usually wait about a month.

Hey joegrow,
I've had issues trying to grow different strains in the same nute solution. There is a variance in nute requirements from strain to strain and even from plant to plant. Water is used much faster than the nutrients so when the concentration of the nutes gets higher and higher when your water gets low. I like to put auto fill valves on my reservoirs so the volume of water stays relatively consistent. That way, I only need to check my nute levels and pH twice a week.

Buds can smell "funny" if the plant undergoes a lot of stress during it's life or is given a lot of nutes before harvest. At least that is what I have noticed in my grows. Also be on the look out for mold and other diseases on your drying buds. Hope that helped... :farm:

Latest posts

Back