Deionized water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv911

Reaction score
I don't know if it's deionized or distilled but I could collect about 60 litres of water every 3 days from my dehumidifiers. Is it OK to water my plants with this ? Or use it when I feed them with ph perfect solutions

I don't know if it's deionized or distilled but I could collect about 60 litres of water every 3 days from my dehumidifiers. Is it OK to water my plants with this ? Or use it when I feed them with ph perfect solutions
I think you get some minerals out of water where the water from the dehumidifier may not

I think you get some minerals out of water where the water from the dehumidifier may not
My tap water is good, got no problem with that. I just throw about 1000litres of water every month.. why not use it ? If it's safe I could use it at least when I feed my plants with nuts and use tap water for the no feed days

1698275086116.png

I wouldnt, you might have bacteria and other contamination in it. If your’re concerned about your tap water, I would have a water analysis done so you know what’s wrong with it if anything, and if chlorine is a concern, I’ve read our plants can handle up to 50ppm with no problem.

I have used tap water for years with no problems. Just let it set for 24hrs before using.
I have a big trash can I feel up every other day and use on my veggies.
I keep one of those donuts in it to keep mosquitoes away.
I just dip my water bucket down in the trash can of water and water my plants.

I wouldnt, you might have bacteria and other contamination in it. If your’re concerned about your tap water, I would have a water analysis done so you know what’s wrong with it if anything, and if chlorine is a concern, I’ve read our plants can handle up to 50ppm with no problem.
How much does water analysis cost? RO machines can be had 150-200.

Agreed. False economy, cheap to do it right.

I have used tap water for years with no problems. Just let it set for 24hrs before using.
I have a big trash can I feel up every other day and use on my veggies.
I keep one of those donuts in it to keep mosquitoes away.
I just dip my water bucket down in the trash can of water and water my plants.
What are these donuts deals? Interesting.

Bubba

I got mine done by Custom Hydro Nutrients, is was $49. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen it. You pay for the test, then they send you the sample collection bottle and tell you where to mail it. Its time for me to do mine again, it’s been about 3 years and since then I’ve added a whole house filter system.

I put in an RO unit for a former friend of mine. Took the stuff outta the water which he promptly paid good money in the form of grow shop nutrients to put back in.
What are these donuts deals? Interesting.

Bubba
I tried 'em in hydro to get rid of moss gnats. They don't work, at least for me.

I put in an RO unit for a former friend of mine. Took the stuff outta the water which he promptly paid good money in the form of grow shop nutrients to put back in.

I tried 'em in hydro to get rid of moss gnats. They don't work, at least for me.
I take my water analysis results, put them in hydrobuddy and go from there

Latest posts

Back