Somebody Please Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcoronado84

Reaction score
Hi everyone i need somebody's help with a problem i got, I found two marijuana plants about 1ft tall in the new a[apartment I just moved into. These two plants look pretty healthy and they are growing out of a cube labled Grodan Delta. I want to grow them indoors but I have no idea of how to grow it. What do I do with the Grodan Delta? Hope someone can help me

Hey D,

You found them? Do you find this curious? I would.

If you're for real, 2Dog's right on the money; read that sucker!

One of the first things I'd do, though, would be to stabilize those grow cubes. How big/what size are they? Were they just sitting somewhere? Are they in a catchment or tray, or on a plate? At the very least get them onto a plate or some water tight shallow pan and make sure they don't dry out. Rockwool has decent moisture control peoperties, but if you put 'em on something that will wick (wood, paper, etc.,) it'll pull all the water right outta them.

~Snax

wish I found some pot plants...a nice welcome gift maybe? what if the person who left them comes back for em...were they at the bottom of a rainbow in a nice pot?

2Dog said:
wish I found some pot plants...a nice welcome gift maybe? what if the person who left them comes back for em...were they at the bottom of a rainbow in a nice pot?
LOL! :D

maybe he will come back watch ya smoking tonight snax?

my uncle owns the house and the last guy that lived here got deported so I think I lucked out

2Dog said:
maybe he will come back watch ya smoking tonight snax?
I am currently partaking of a particularly pleasant indie. It was originally, er, "borrowed" from a major NW university by a, uh, "certain someone" many years ago. It's the strain that got me off the ground initially. This was waaaayyyyy before all of the delicious varieties we see these days were available. A couple of "bud"dies and I have always been this kinda core group, supporting each other's grow, helping trim/mani, that kind'a thing, and between us we've been able to maintain a mommy of this strain for 22 years. I know, that sounds like bunk, right? I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't know it was a fact. We've almost lost it any number of times through human error, forgetfulness or assuming that one or the other of us "must still have it" and therefore killing ours. It is nothing short of a miracle.

A good thing to; it's still one of my staple strains. I let it get to about 40/60 amber trichs then harden it off a bit before taking it down. A very, very nice little head high with enuf couchlock to make one stay in the conversation. :D

How 'bout you?

~Snax

are they already budding?? i bet they were his moms :p if you gona keep them in cubes you would need ppm ph testers and hydro ferts you are goin to have an investment to make anyway you'll need at least a light timer fans ferts testers... and you gota learn how to grow a plant :D good luck... do you have a cam? get us a pic id love to see these abandoned plants and it would help us help you :)

zem said:
... do you have a cam? get us a pic id love to see these abandoned plants and it would help us help you :)
Very true. Good idea.

Reactions: zem
zem said:
are they already budding?? i bet they were his moms :p if you gona keep them in cubes you would need ppm ph testers and hydro ferts you are goin to have an investment to make anyway you'll need at least a light timer fans ferts testers... and you gota learn how to grow a plant :D good luck... do you have a cam? get us a pic id love to see these abandoned plants and it would help us help you :)

I prefer to grow it in soil ill get you some pics today
Can I plant the cube in soil?
Will that ruin the plant?
ill get you some pics today

if the cube is big like i think it is since its holding 1ft plant its better you remove from cube place in soil, however i strongly suggest you dont take any actions before you get some pics and ask about anything before doing it, the mess ups are usually very simple things you only need to know what you're doing as not to mess it up and kill them, for now just keep the cubes moist and get some pics :)

When I read that you found these plants in your new apartments basement I "LOL'ed". If you are trying to protect yourself from potential legal issues by saying you 'found them' rather then growing them, that is an interesting approach. Stranger things have occurred I suppose.

I must commend you as the adoptive father of these orphaned cannabis plants, heres to you! Do you have a light you are using for the plant, HID, CFL? You have to do quite a bit of reading but here is the main things you need to understand and then build a knowledge base around.

Lights (ideally you want 250w+ HID for flowering plants, fluros works well for veg, radiant heat from the bulb must not get so great that it burns the plants or over-elevates the room temps, this can be controlled with air-cooled hoods + ventilation through that hood)

Ventilation (Fresh air exchange/smell, smell is possibly the #1 way to get caught especially in an apartment)

Temperature/Humidity (75 degrees is ideal, humidity to high = mold)

Growing Medium (Soil or Hydro) (This is what the plant is growing in, not just any soil will do, ask first or read up on it, *Grodan Delta what you have now is a volcanic rock that is whipped up into fibers that are then pressed into the cubes you see)

Digital Timer (To control 18/6, and 12/12 time cycles, can go 24/0 during veg, delaying the need for one)

Container Sizes (Dictates how often to water if in soil, among other variables, typically you want 2-3 gallon or 5 gallon pots for flowering MJ plants, the bigger the root system = the bigger the buds)

Fans (To both circulate the air in the room, and to strengthen the stems by simulating low-wind, lowers chance of mold)

pH meter (You must be aware of the pH of the water you are using 6.5-6.8 soil, less for hydro, if you do not know your pH your plants will never thrive if the pH is outside of these parameters)

*Post a picture of your plants, 1' could mean its getting close to being ready for flowering, or that it just had insufficient light and stretched a lot, these are two very different scenarios. If its bushy and short you may not be far from a flowering lighting schedule which would mean you need a digital timer that will put the lights on for 12 hours, and then off for 12 hours. You will have to deal with 'light leak' issues when you enter flowering, that means that for 12 hours when the lights are off you need absolute darkness for the plants, any light can* alter the states of hormones in the plant resulting in a hermaphrodite plant (male and female plant reproductive parts), this should be avoided at all costs as it will seed out your crop and lower your yield dramatically if you get a he-she instead of a true-female.

It is going to come down to a simple choice. Do you want to invest in items that will allow you to cultivate your new found cannabis in a positive and controlled way, and give you the tools to do it again (with clones, a method of taking a cutting from your current plants and growing the same plant again), or just let them go without investing any money in tools and see what happens? A pH meter will run you $40+ dollars, if you do not have an HID light that will cost you a $100+ at least depending on size, digital timer, and other things like nutrients, a CFM blower/carbon filter, soil, and you are looking at least $200+, most likely a bit more. I am not trying to scare you off! Just letting you know what the situation is before you jump into it, things like smell in mid-flower should be anticipated and prepared for especially in an apartment with neighbors in close proximity. The good news is once you absorb those initial sunk-costs and have your tools ready at hand, you are good to go except for future soil and nutrients needs as they pop up, often nutrients lasts several grows.

legalize_freedom said:
Once again,....solid info from Tact, good post man!

Thanks bro! It helps to solidify info in my brain to repeat it, its like taking notes. I will continue to ask a ton of questions, and then resupply that info to those who also ask, the circle of MJ knowledge! :hubba:

Do you know how to transfer the plant from grodan cube to soil?
can i just burry the entire cube?

dcoronado84 said:
Do you know how to transfer the plant from grodan cube to soil?
can i just burry the entire cube?

Should be able to bro, I recall seeing pics of rockwool cubes (Grodan) within soil. Most likely someone x-planted the cube into a larger gallon soil pot after a few weeks. Someone should chime in with a definite answer though. What soil are you going to use when you transplant them to a bigger pot? Fox Farm Ocean Forrest mixed with Light Warrior of the same brand is a good bet, but seeing as your plants are probally 1.5+ months old they should be a little heartier then seedlings. You have some options, Black Gold.., avoid soil with soluable-time relesed nutrients in them (Miracle Grow).

Get up a picture man.

hey wuts up guys here aare a couple of pics of my two plants.
they seem healthy and i wanna know if i can just put them in soil in a big pot without hurting the plants. And if so how would i go about doing it?

how do i post up pics in here?

hey wuts up guys here aare a couple of pics of my two plants.
they seem healthy and i wanna know if i can just transfer them to soil from the grodan into a big pot without hurting the plants. And if so how would i go about doing it?

Snapshot_20091221.jpg

Snapshot_20091221_1.jpg

Snapshot_20091221_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back