something important to ask again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
purplephazes said:
AND we shall stand together to diminish the evil knowledge that this unviable soul has percieved within thee soul of souls.. STRIKE this evil false hemaroid around thee galoolies and phone ET to come and pick up his long lost sister and return to the land of kerplonk !

LMAO! Now THERE's a philosopfy I can "share".

LassChance said:
priestofknowledge said:
I am too wise... too wise for my own good ..... but I found myself in front of a computer for a while of free time and this site came to mind

you just don't get it do you......./>

You're clearly suffering an "existential dilema". On the one hand, you extol your own virtues while claiming to seek like-minded others...and not finding any. This could well be BECAUSE of the oozing self-assumed superiority, my friend, combined with equal measure of evident self loathing.
In short, you seem to be one helluva self-involved intellectual who's gift isnt paying off in that most common of all denominators, that illusive thing called "happiness".

LassChance

Mr. Lass. I disagree on that part. As I have been checking out the thread for its laughs and giggles. I find the initial thread starter with a Napoleonic type complex disorder. The bitterness when mentioning the dislike of smalltalk for instance (sports, women, work, and politics being the main property for men). Inability to find companionship because of a feeling of inferiority and unworthiness. Compensating for such by being a "loner" type. And to give oneself short burst of happiness by sitting behind a keyboard, and trying to talk down to those that are clearly more educated. With the ability to experience all of what he lacks.

JBonez said:
At first glance, i found your post rather perplexing. Philosophy and Relativity have opened my eyes to another world within our own existence.

I feel the same as you, selfless and gifted intellectually, going to ends to help those around me with little or no return.

But, i carry my head high, knowing that knowledge is true power and the only power to be had, usually in the form of wisdom some may say.

I dont think your crazy, i seldom find someone i can carry a "good" conversation with, as i myself am a little out there. Philosophy is about finding the truth.

The fork in the road, well, its the story of my life friend.

Looks like you are the only one noticing that I am not talking down to anyone. I can't believe it's so hard to understand that a thinker tries to look for other thinkers by introducing himself as a thinker.

So you are able to keep reading books and ignore your tendencies to seek reward with the high value of knowledge? I used to be able to do that, but I started realizing I'll never be able to teach these things to others, so my piled acclimation will merely disintegate into my grave dirt.

So I tried to get in touch with people and succeeded in helping them, but of course they stayed focused on themselves once they were happy again.

So I want to be among other people devoted to significant life. To mastering their discipline or building a better society. I haven't found any such groups, but I would assume they are hidden. So I hope to find somewhere to fit in as I roam the lands.

So what do you do with your time? Did you mean relativism or Einstein's relativity? And what philosophy?

Jim Jones, Charles Manson, and David Koresh among others believed they were the recipients, managers, and dispensers a great breadth of knowledge and enlightenment yet people with acctual intelligence saw them for what they were....NUTS!

I don't know what your on buddy, but if you're gonna' stick around share.

Well, I have nothing intellegent to add, so I'll leave the room now. Watch where you step--pop, just like everything else, will eventually eat itself.

priestofknowledge said:
Looks like you are the only one noticing that I am not talking down to anyone. I can't believe it's so hard to understand that a thinker tries to look for other thinkers by introducing himself as a thinker.

So you are able to keep reading books and ignore your tendencies to seek reward with the high value of knowledge? I used to be able to do that, but I started realizing I'll never be able to teach these things to others, so my piled acclimation will merely disintegate into my grave dirt.

So I tried to get in touch with people and succeeded in helping them, but of course they stayed focused on themselves once they were happy again.

So I want to be among other people devoted to significant life. To mastering their discipline or building a better society. I haven't found any such groups, but I would assume they are hidden. So I hope to find somewhere to fit in as I roam the lands.

So what do you do with your time? Did you mean relativism or Einstein's relativity? And what philosophy?

Yawn :bong1::bong1::bong1:

NorCalHal said:
Sounds like your surfin' the 'net, looking for weak minded, not like minded, folks to manipulate with impressive speach and a dash of intelligance and the best part....wonder and amazement.

That's how Jim Jones started. Look how that ended.

Just skip to step #1124 in "Social Reform For Dummies" and drink the kool aid already...

Sheesh...

Simply put: It takes Understanding. To understand is to accept what is already here. For god's sake, go get some fresh air for a few days. Maybe a little Vitamin D from some sunlight...

Perhaps throwing your computer away would be a first step towards a strong "Shell".

The Effen Gee said:
Just skip to step #1124 in "Social Reform For Dummies" and drink the kool aid already...

Sheesh...

Simply put: It takes Understanding. To understand is to accept what is already here. For god's sake, go get some fresh air for a few days. Maybe a little Vitamin D from some sunlight...

Perhaps throwing your computer away would be a first step towards a strong "Shell".

Oh, man, I admire you're cold spot. I'm rolling around and can hardly type from haahaaing. That's frigging art, eff.

edit: Dude, I hope I added to your rep, whether you care or not about rep. The rep button was giving me grief in this, my time of sampling a coming harvest. But, man, that's possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on this board. Thanks--I'm still laughing, crying.

priestofknowledge said:
So you are able to keep reading books and ignore your tendencies to seek reward with the high value of knowledge?

The burden of capacity is that there is no reward outside of personal satisfaction. Its insatiable. At least for me, i dont try to pick brains less apt to absorb than my own, rather i observe.

No one cares what you think, you should know this.

JBonez said:
The burden of capacity is that there is no reward outside of personal satisfaction. Its insatiable. At least for me, i dont try to pick brains less apt to absorb than my own, rather i observe.

I'm so into that, I don't even care what I think anymore, Bonez. My feet are jade and my head is granite, and if Art Vandely doesn't quit bringing Acid around here, well, I can't think right now.

JBonez said:

But I care what others think, so if other like minds were associating, then there would be reward for progression and learning. I don't know if you have ever been on sports teams, but I have. And the communion among people who share a common goal is a huge source of reassuring reward system in the brain.

So what if people hang out with one another for a common goal of progressing themselves and society. It could just be an awesome piece of property they buy and build on together, then live in the house with solar electricity being enough for a laptops, efficient lighting, and whatever with telescoping 2.4 ghz tranceiver for pirating internet.

or it could be a nomadic group of people who just travel digging shelters in the woods with mobile solar on some **** vehicles or whatever.

I know thinking and trying to accomplish things alone is disabling... I've experienced enough upset to thoroughly understand... but why not find friends who can relate?

But I care what others think, so if other like minds were associating, then there would be reward for progression and learning. I don't know if you have ever been on sports teams, but I have. And the communion among people who share a common goal is a huge source of reassuring reward system in the brain.
That's the system going on around here.. the result is strangers learning how to grow their own. Can you feel the vibe? :beatnik:

Excuse my short attention span :48: , but there's so much going on in this thread that it's hard to distinguish between mud slinging and discussion. Whats' the 'topic' again? :confused:

i cant believe this dude is still goin on!:holysheep: i always get a big smile when i come to this thread.

dude i gotta smoke 2 joints each time i visit this thread..i spilt my coffee on my dictionary. please help me out POK meanings please....causation... I am so damned gifted and so selfless,...Open-Mindedness,..hope or attaboy's...
curriculums for grades...Don't pursue money, love or power.....So please stop replying with pride....blowhard or egomaniac..... It is not pride, but immense humility....I want to have proof of another being higher than me....speculative light...My conundrum above is the engagement. I want to find others who support the philosophy...they break down into defense mechanisms like projection...I got a small penis...pursue the love instead of the romance...JUST BREAK IT ALL DOWN ! ILL HAVE A JOINT ! and check ya reply much later ! i've smoked a bit ! but i reckon you've smoked more dude ! peace !

I can't really man, that's the point. We all got our contributions we make, and higher thinking is a really shitty responsibility that only certain people get EDIT over by. You're better off doing your part and chilling, I wish I could chill with you, but my mind has to keep itself whirring.

priestofknowledge said:
I can't really man, that's the point. We all got our contributions we make, and higher thinking is a really shitty responsibility that only certain people get EDIT over by. You're better off doing your part and chilling, I wish I could chill with you, but my mind has to keep itself whirring.
ok dude! peace

priestofknowledge said:

Perhaps you're manic as well as depressive...hmmm. Mind whirring, cant stop talking, consumed with a conviction you are special and driven to make others see things your way...yep. Sounds like bi-polar, to me.

See a doc, man. Get meds.
Meantime, obsess on this: The universe managed to thrive for milinia before you got here and will continue long after you're gone. You're just not that important. Nobody is looking for you to save them. Hundreds of people have created hundreds of "Communes" of like-minded people. Most of them failed because people come with egos.Egos clash eventually.You dont just want a commune, you want to be Head Cheese of a commune, Leader, Guru, Priest. To see yourself reflected in the eyes of others.

The problem, of course, is finding the "others" who want to play along.

This is a waste of the talents you may have.

LassChance

Chance, man... I'm not egotistical. I know it's hard to understand, but any unbiased person who seriously looks at my words understands that I am just a smart guy looking to accomplish things with other smart guys.

I don't want to be leader, I can spot egotistical people easily by looking at their history of textual discussion or poking their brain, and I am not maniacal or depressed. I simply know that it is a waste for me to not try to accomplish new things, and I know there are other more intelligent people who have lived longer than I with the same brainpower.

It's just that we are rare. As you can tell from the posts on this forum, we are disliked. And we probably always go into crime and hide ourselves once we realize that doing things by the book is too limiting on our perspective.

I think that the main problem is that we say we're grown ups at a certain time, and all abstract thinking shifts more and more towards concrete. I want to find like minds who know they're still capable of change, because I don't believe I will ever be grown up, only grown more.

Latest posts

Back