spider mite problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Rosebud, she's a whizz with bugs...........just don't get her talkin' cooties....;)

just kiddin' Rosebud, ya' know I luv ya'.....:hubba:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! after spraying down my peppers, strapwberry and 6 lil gals im proud to say that i dont see anything... had my buddy who helps with the garden in there with me with loupe scopes checking out every inch of the plants and NADA!!! gonna do another spray with iso/water in a few days incase any eggs hatch n such, but thus far its lookin great, seems they had a fetish for that one strawberry plant. also picking up some SNS 209 along with a bottle of the 217 spray just for shiggles. thanks again everyone for all the info and help...

spider mites love strawberries:(

would placing strawberry plants near detour the mites from the mj ??

Lower the temps and it`ll slow em down as far as reproduction goes, spray with 4ml/ltr water of pressed Neem oil. Dry, hot conditions are the S/mites dream. you can use it up until around week three of flower with no adverse taste in the buds. Pay attention to the underside of leaves but make sure the entire plant including the soil gets a going over with the spray.
I've heard of the rubbing alcohol method but wouldn't use it as it'll wash the THC right off your buds and leaves, save the ISO for extractions, IMHO.

This is an older thread, but you do NOT want to use neem oil when in flowering. First I have found it to be terribly ineffective and second, you can taste the oil on the bud even when used in the first 3 weeks....nasty, nasty and that stuff never seems to go away. Later in flower, you have fewer options. Lower temps help, higher humidity (if it doesn't cause bud rot problems), and spraying with water or a wash as suggested.

I clean my grow room atleast every 2 weeks with a homemade vinegar and water solution.I wipe down the entire room and sweep and remove all old leaves.Old leaves and dirty rooms attract bugs it seems.I had some super lemon haze and vanilla kush plants really bite the bullet in week 7 and 8 because I kept my grow room dirty and didn't clean it regularly.

Bayleaf is also said to repell bugs because of its smell..much like the vinegar.

I am having a spider mite problem as well. After seeing this thread i ordered some Forbid. Seriously concentrated stuff. The directions stop just short of recomending a hazmat suit and gas mask when spraying plants. Is this stuff safe to use on flowering plants? I've got 5 weeks til harvest but dont want to spray on something that will be harmful when smoked.

I've got 5 weeks til harvest but dont want to spray on something that will be harmful when smoked.

No, absolutely not. Forbid is for pre flowering plants only. Very dangerous stuff that works hands down, but extremely unsafe.

I'm not having any luck with the sns209, it's now time for the sns217 on these girls before any flowers pop. I was just wondering what everyone else is mixing their 209 at, so far I have been up to 12 ml per gallon, and the lil bastards are just walking around like they own the joint. SNS 217 tonight, I want these buggers DEAD.

Latest posts

Back