Spider Mites....Arrrgh!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
So, the title pretty much says it. I've got bugs. Now these plants are still in vegging so I guess it could be worse. I've read here that a multipronged approach is best so I've purchased three different products to use over the next few weeks to hopefully rid my growroom of the filthy little parasites.

I've got a neem oil spray, a sulphur and pyrethrin spary, and a pyrethrin and piperonyl fogger.

I've already sprayed them with the pyrethrin spray. I'm planning to hit them with the neem oil in about a week, and then follow up with the fogger before I start flowering.

My questions are; Is there anything else I should be using? Is there anything I should avoid while using these products. I will likely continue with a preventative plan to try to avoid any problems during flowering. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I used an Iso and water spray that worked very well for me

Get some Floramite and be done with it.:hubba:

All that other stuff will knock them down, but the Floramite will take them OUT.:holysheep:

Search epray. There is a guy selling 1oz bottles for $20 shipped. Makes 12 gallons of spray. It's very strong stuff and very expensive and very good.

DD

kiksroks said:
Floramite huh, off to google...

Still going to need to go to ebay. You need a license to buy the stuff and even if you have that, it's like $275/gallon or some such crazy price.

At 1/4tsp/gallon, an ounce will last a very long time.

DD

We are organic farmers and in our indoor grow op we use Triple Threat Preditor mites. They eat the spider mites, & their eggs and then when there are no more prey, they eat each other and are gone!!! No sprays, no poison and such happy plants.

KNOCKOUT fogger and azatrol, spray the planst at least 2 times a day every other day for a week, plants don't like it much but the spider mites die... this is advice from ED ROSENTHAL.

It's very important that when we give ppl advice on stuff like Floramite, that we let them know the basics that are not a option when using it. The 2 things that are must have are goggles then gloves. I use Floramite and That only, once in veg and once in flower. Both early on. Be careful greenfriend.

PS, I know there adults and can read, use Internet, etc. But when you log onto eBay and buy it, or Avid, etc. They don't tell you how dangerous it is. Want to know how dangerous? We own X-mas tree farms in WA an it gets use to spray the trees overhead. 8 years ago, the guy mixing and filling the batch for the plane, on accident got the smallest amount on his hands and rubbed his eyes. Well, he wears a patch or sunglasses now and still works for my father spraying trees. Don't be afraid, just take extra pre-caution. Be safe. In all honesty, it's the best protection against mites. IMO.

I used neem then the only mites I could see were dead, and I had alot of them, just mix according to the directions then wet down the entire plant, paying special attention to the under sides of the leaves, wait 2 days then repeat, wait 2 more days then repeat, But I used a tank sprayer cause I couldnt spray up under with a misting bottle, that was it done and done

nouvellechef said:
It's very important that when we give ppl advice on stuff like Floramite, that we let them know the basics that are not a option when using it. The 2 things that are must have are goggles then gloves. I use Floramite and That only, once in veg and once in flower. Both early on. Be careful greenfriend.

PS, I know there adults and can read, use Internet, etc. But when you log onto eBay and buy it, or Avid, etc. They don't tell you how dangerous it is. Want to know how dangerous? We own X-mas tree farms in WA an it gets use to spray the trees overhead. 8 years ago, the guy mixing and filling the batch for the plane, on accident got the smallest amount on his hands and rubbed his eyes. Well, he wears a patch or sunglasses now and still works for my father spraying trees. Don't be afraid, just take extra pre-caution. Be safe. In all honesty, it's the best protection against mites. IMO.

good lookin' out:D

Latest posts

Back