Splify has a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splify

Reaction score
hey there.
Im growing a couple outdoor plants and recently added fertilizer that i got from a friend who does farming so im not sure what fertilizer it is exactly. My plants are now having problems. The leaves are turning a rusty colour and some are even turning brown and falling off. HELP! it was SO close to budding!

"outdoors"... if they're in the ground, flushing could be impossible.
First, we need to know "what" the fertilizer was. It's content/values. How much, and in what ratio you added it. Did you check it's effect on the ph of your water?..

..AND.. I'm moving your (splify) question, into it's own thread. Where it can recieve proper attention.

i agree with hick, its a tuff to flush the ground and more info is needed. is it all the leaves, just the bottom, the top? what the new growth look like? are the tips brown on the new growth? is the new growth yellow? and finally can you post a picture of the plant or plants?

It's probably ammonium nitrate or ammonium sulphate he gave you. Farm fertilizer is not for us! It's for farmers .... who know exactly how much to use ... this reminds me of my late father who used to use ammonium sulphate on the lawn. One of the neighbours spotted him and bought a bag of his own but had no idea how much to use, so later on we were treated to the sight of the neighbour's lawn becoming a desert.

If it is still possible to save them - which I doubt from the sound of it - you are going to have to flood the area with water. If the plants are outdoor in pots or bags then flush, flush, flush. Sorry to hear of your problem, though.

:watchplant: :farm: Dig a hole as close as possible to the plant, 6 to 8 inches deeper than the original hole the plant was set in. Tunnel underneth the plant til you hit soil plant is in. Slowly flush with plain water while dipping water from bottom of hole. have lots of water on hand when flushing this way. You will have to dip water out of the hole for hours. If the have a down hill run, you can set up a siphon with a hose to drain of the flushing water.

:48: :tokie: :48:

:headbang2: :bong1:

Latest posts

Back