Squirrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr103

Reaction score
I would like to find a way to keep squirrels out of my garden. I like squirrels, but I don't want them eating all of my hard work. Any ideas?

Live traps. Catch them and drive them down the road and set them free.

Toss around food they would like even more. They love some sunflower seeds and corn.

Take a 20lb bag of catfood and set it out there. Maybe a wondering cat will keep close to that area.

Mainly I heard that stringing some pie tins up, so the wind bangs them together works.

Firecrackers work, but make it hard come hunting time. 1 shot and all squirrels out of sight for miles.

I started leaving non-salted peanuts "WAY" over on the other side of my property. Then in the garden area I leave lots and lots of sunflower seeds in my birdfeeders. The Blue Jays chase them out.

No pets, kids enough. We do have stray cats that go into our backyard a lot, but they don't scare off the squirrels. I don't know if live traps would work, we have so many squirrels. Has anyone ever tried a hot pepper spray or animal urine from a larger animal?

Squirrels are very smart and creative IKBKR. That animal urine wont phase them, cause they mainly use their eyes and look around. They smell but dont see. They will still eat until seen.
Dont know about that pepper spray, doesnt sound to pleasant for the animal.

Skunks love cat food. An owl statue. Keeps out rodents, and snakes. Or, if you dont mind them dying, try leaving out some juicy fruit gum, moles and gophers will eat it too, stops them up, kinda kills them I think.

I am a big fan of paint ball guns if you don't want to use lethal measures. Pretty funny seeing a tie dye squirrel.

godspeedsuckah said:
I am a big fan of paint ball guns if you don't want to use lethal measures. Pretty funny seeing a tie dye squirrel.

that is really funny:banana:

ozzydiodude said:
Firecrackers work, but make it hard come hunting time. 1 shot and all squirrels out of sight for miles.
DYNAMITE ..if fire crackers dont work..it works with koala's at least i think they are distant.. very distant cousins JUST thought i'd throw that in there

here ya go. devise one these lil contraptions. i doubt they'll come bak again. lol

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBb7KReY6Eg&feature=related

or better yet an easier model to build lol
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KdSJq9M_EU&NR=1
lmao... wat u think went thru that poor lil squirrels mind. lol
if they wont get out launch em out man
and if they still dont stay out i guess just annoy the hell outta them liek make one these spinning motorized feeder thingys unless they actuall sell them
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NocRG3r2zBw&NR=1
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qar8P-lUV34&feature=related
i gotta remember some these things. we got squirrels like crazy that always hijak all the bird food.
it'd all be fun on a boring sunday afternoon and a few doobs haha

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Squirrels are very smart and creative IKBKR. That animal urine wont phase them, cause they mainly use their eyes and look around. They smell but dont see. They will still eat until seen.
Dont know about that pepper spray, doesnt sound to pleasant for the animal.
true that spear chucker but..i know that pigs love pepper spray....they carry it all the time

Latest posts

Back