starting over after poor first attempt...help me out please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Ganja

Learning to Cultivate
Reaction score
ok,i developed this growbox out of two rubbermaid bins.seemed like a cool idea,but i must have did something wrong..story short i failed lol.so now im using a closet thats 5 foot high,5 foot wide and maybe 2 feet deep....i asked the question over in lights..so i should use about 25000 lumens...i wanted to suspent the lights from the clothing pole and adjust the light according to the plants grow cylce..i also wanted to use miracle grow,spring water, and two small fans in the closet...i also am interested in the reflective mylar..wat do u guys think?any and all input appreciated thanx

Sounds like it should work for a couple of plants! Spring water can get expensive and annoying to buy so I'd suggest using distilled water and distill it yourself!

i was gonna put numerous plants in here!maybe about 10 pots!

odor control?thats the least of my worries right now!i havent even got my seeds to pop yet

here is the closet i wanna use.i was thinking,have the lamps suspended from the poles adjustable to the heght of the plants,pots on the floor..is this ok?should the pot be on the floor?
closet.jpg

closet1.jpg

closet2.jpg

I'm wondering what is under the floor of the closet. My room has a concrete floor, so the cold bleeds up thru the floor, so I put down a sheet of insulating material on the floor, to protect the plants. Make sure that the pole you are hanging the lights from is very secure, I've seen plants get crushed and burnt from a lamp falling when no one is around to hear it. I gotta question the feasability of using Miracle Grow soils, personally I prefer FoxFarms Ocean...but that is just my opinion. Not all here agree with me on this one!!! Many folks swear by MG, but I don't like their "time-released" nutes...

Good luck with your grow. The space looks like it should work out okay, make sure you've got ample air circulation and keep it green...

Peace...j.b.

that is a perfect space for a veg and flower room both! first figure out how the hell your gonna run vents on a 600 hps. figure this out first. it is most important. it wouldnt be a problem if this was just the veg room but if you want it to be both youll have to improvise. drywall is easy to repair! 4 inch tubing is cheap and you can get a wind tunnel for 130.00. just attach the fan inside the room hooked directly up to the hangar. then run the 4 inch out the room.build the veg room on top as heat rises. simple wood construction stand with black or white plastic to make it air tight so you dont get any light below to your flowering girls. hope this may help you. peace! ps. my closet is exactly the same!

make sure you start off with the correct lumens needed.

2 * 5 = 10sq. ft

5000 lumens per sq. ft

Your recommended needs for lumens is 50,000 lumens!

400w HPS puts off approx. 55,000 lumens when optimized and cooled.

You will need ventilation, unless you keep the door open for veg phase. However, for flowering, you will need to allow NO extra light inside, and will require ventilation.

Looking at the pics, clean that closet, remove that junk at the top, and vacuum the floor super good! You want to remove any fire hazards and dust mites and buggers.

BY fire hazards I mean anything inside your OPEN grow area... if something fell and hit your light, could be problematic.

Latest posts

Back