Stealth grow Cab Phase I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
Here are some pics from my cameraphone, i know they sucked but i was overwhelmed with the finished product. I just moved to an aprtment from a house and was told there was a yearly inspection coming up, i shouldve known better to move in a college apartment. LOL..but i had to hurry and finish the cab so i could have peace of mind when out the house..

Cab frame made out of 2x2's
wrapped in 1/4 plywood sheeting
Lights: (1-100W HPS) (2 150W CFLS) (2-65W CFLS)
Light section and grow cab divided and air sealed with 1/8" regular glass
Light Cab: removed ballast from light, Took a computer power supply box and used it as a casing for the ballast, 12V power supply and connection for the CFL's

Grow Cab: Intake is a commercial AC fan attached to a dimmer for noise regulation ( AC fans can get a bit loud when at peak power). Exhaust is 3 computer fans side by side on the opposite side of cab.
Using the 2x2's for framing gave me the oppurtunity to use the cavity space betweeen them to put a charcoal filter before the exhaus cancelling all MJ smell, ( Filter still in construction ).

Light Cab : intake is a hole with a plate 1 inch away to block light wrapped by black panty hose piece. Exhaust is 1 computer fan on top of cab facing up also with black pantyhose piece wrapped around it.
Right now even thou the temp in the cab is around 78-82, thwe glass is getting way too hot and since im planning on adding another 100W HPS im working on a better ventilation for the lights at the moment.

Best part yet, with all the MATERIALS used, soil and all, i spent close to $150.00.

Phase II will be a conversion to Hydro with solar panels powering the pumps- ECO GREEN!!!! :aok:.

let me get you guys opinions.

The last 3 is a home made cloner that im experimentting with using the case of blank CD's top and bottom and using the spindle to support the plant while carrying the stem to the water. just made it today so it should be interesting to see if it works..

2.jpg

pic051208_1.jpg

pic051208_5.jpg

pic051208_4.jpg

pic051208_6.jpg

pic051208_7.jpg

pic051208_8.jpg

pic051208_9.jpg

pic051208_10.jpg

pic051208_12.jpg

pic051208_11.jpg

pic051208_13.jpg

Everything is looking great so far. Is the glass your using to separate tempered? If you get a piece of tempered glass, you dont have to worry about it breaking under the heat of the lamps. That will also allow you to keep the ladies as close as possible. Just my thoughts. Looks great so far though. Great work. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

around here a piece of tempered glasss that size will be close to $60, in order to keep the expenses low i need to keep it as cool as possible some other way, ill be adding a computer fan for intake and actually tunnel the air all the way around the cab with another fan @ the Exhaust for now, i believe that will do the trick even when i add the other 100 watt HPS since they will be at opposite ends of the wind tunnel. :aok:

Sounds good. The tempered glass is always another addition that can be added later on. It would be money well invested. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Looking great so far. Take care and be safe.

howdy firepower, you DIY guys rule man! love the cloner idea, and your tempered glass idea smokey! i'd hate to get broken glass allover the buds...but it would be better than adding lead for weight i suppose(gotta be up on ur MJ news for that one) and the tiny pieces might even look like trich
's. i dont know why all this made me hungry...ima grabba bite!

the clone hasnt even wilted yet and it has been 24 hours, thats a hell of a good sign is working.. i cant believe i didnt think this before..

Yeppers,
What is trash to one man is treasure to another, great use for clones, will mark that one into the OL' Memory.
Your looking good there dude.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Very nice and very discrete! Also, I like what you have done with the DVD/CD cases

Latest posts

Back