stem growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unix

Reaction score
Im about 12days into my second grow 6 seedlings in 5gallonpots under a 400watt hps, my question is everytime i start they are growing fast new leaves all the time but there not getting any taller the 2 big first set of leaves are nearly touching the soil, i moved my light further away and put it closer and still with no luck, should they start to shoot off soon i watched a grow video i wanted to get the full grow done in 10weeks like they did 2 or 3 weeks in veg cant do that if there not tall enough can i?, thanks,

Most plants bush out before going up. I think it's Sativa's that do this, Am i right? Just give them time, they will shoot up soon, give them bout a week and a half maybe.

Hope that helped.

yeh thanks mate ill give em some more time see wat happens, maybe they will shoot up when i start the food schedule. :D

move your light back down to where it was. Low plants are good because when you flower them they're going to stretch. Besides, it's only been 12 days. They still have a long ways to go before they're mature. They'll grow vertically in that time.

Thanks "LaserKittensGoPewPew" if there gonna be short before flowering how tall should they be before i flower them or just wait for alt nodes?

you decide when you want to put them into flower. You can actually grow them in flower if you really wanted. The longer you let it veg the bigger your yield is going to be. Depends also on how much space you have to grow. If you have like 10 feet of vertical space you can let the thing veg up to around 5 feet and then flower it. You'll have a monster. I think most people go with letting them veg a minimum of 8 weeks or you can wait to see the alternating nodes if you'd like. When it reaches the height you want, throw it into flower.

IMHO i wouldn't let it veg to 5 feet even if you have 10 feet to grow it... because i have noticed that they are more likely to triple their heighth when they are bigger... i vegged mine til it was 10 inches and when it was done it was 3 feet 4 inches... so i would veg til it is about 1 foot or 1 1/2 feet then toss into flower that will be a good size plants 5 maybe 6 feet if grown properly just my opinion though

I have about 10 seedlings. I was in my grow room last night and everything was find plants was looking great. Than this mourining I take a look and 1 of the seedlings is drroped over.Like it was shot. It was laying in the soil. So I leave out and come back this eve and 3 more r doing the same. the other ones looks as if they have gotten bigger. do u think my lights r to far away?
thanks

moneyman if the light is at an angle on the plants then they usualy bend towards the lights , ive noticed that from sunlight , it will still be fine just use a stick of some sort to prop them up :)

unix try the 18/6 schedule , in that dark period i think they shoot up mostly , mine did but by extreme measures , but i didnt know the 18/6 i did 14/10 to start , mines too high i think but still perfect to grow

uk1 i was leaning towards trying that but didnt really think that would be it i now that you pointed it out ill give it a go, the stems do seem to be getting thicker new growth everyday they look good just not tall, id take photos but the pots are to big to take outside and the light messes with the colour and ****, so after about a foot or more i should flower them??,

Mine did the same thing now they are really bushy which i think is better than tall and lanky MHO!!! but they will pic up and start getting taller and yours will be nice and bushy by the sound of it.

Try and hook us up with pics,

And good luck

RAD

im not sure when is best to flower but i figure the more stems the more flowery part lol , mine has loads of stems just keeping it in veg until i feel in my heart to flower lol

you should flower at about 4-5 weeks into veg... thats always a good time just my opinion though

Latest posts

Back