Stems wont grow straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baimoo

Reaction score
I have some plants growing under flo lights, and their stems aren't growing straight, between each node they grow in a different direction, kind of zig zag. I was wondering is this a ph problem?, a nute problem? or something else?

need a little more info:

What is your light cycle?

How far are the plants from them?

What are you feeding them?

pic's?

Normally plant stems do the zig-zag during flowering stage. This is to accomidate the bud growth.

The plants are under 18/6 lighting. I am using 20-20-20 fertilizer. They are about 6 inches or more away from the light. I am currently trying to upload pics, I will post them soon.

edit: I have tried numerous times to upload the pics and although they say upload succesful, the pics are nowhere to be found. I will try again later.

I understand the pic upload issue...same here

It is probrably just the strain you are growing, if the leaves look good and the plant does not have a stretched or spindly appearance than you are in the clear.

how far along are they?

baimoo said:
The plants are under 18/6 lighting. I am using 20-20-20 fertilizer. They are about 6 inches or more away from the light. I am currently trying to upload pics, I will post them soon.

edit: I have tried numerous times to upload the pics and although they say upload successful, the pics are nowhere to be found. I will try again later.
First off.I want to say welcome to the site.You have found a moutian of information here.The people are great and the Admit. and Mods are top shelf.
You are using Flor's which are fine to use during the beginning stages of Veg. When your plants grow and get more bushier.You will want to switch to something a little more powerful to penetrate the top of the canopy,to get to the leaves underneath.Bring them Flor's down closer,with in an inch or two of the top of your plant,Flor's really dont put off that much heat.Also,IMHO leave the Flor's going 24 hrs.Plants will have a tendency to want to stretch during lights out.Also,have a fan lightly blowing on your plants,to help circulation and to help build stronger steams.To hold your huge buds at the end if flower.
That 20-20-20 that you are using.IMHO,junk that and try to find something like 6-4-4.Grow Big by Fox Farm is a big hit around these parts.This will be good for your plants during veg. cycle.
I dont know how many Flor's you are using.But if you are moving your plant alot and there not under a bank of Flor's and just under acouple Flor's, the plant will grow towards the light and if is moved a little each way off center your plant will grow that way also.The plant is following the light.
Hope this helps.Good luck on up loading your pictures.Maybe a mod will see this and jump in and help you out on what you need to do on uploading your pics.Keep it GREEN:D

it is absolutely nothing to worry about... it is the way the strain grows... my ULT grows that exact same way... a zig-zag pattern

Latest posts

Back