Straight to HPS or ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzywhitelufc

Reaction score
Just switched from 24 hours light MH to 12/12, would any one leave under MH or would you go straight to HPS , just thinking of a different option.:) ie HPS after a week or so ?

i havent done it yet but i am about too.

i know nothing about it but have read MH for first 2 weeks will slow the stretch.

I would go to HPS right away. But that is just my opinion. I am not a light expert or anything. Have you read something saying MH is better for the first couple weeks of flowering?

Yeah, think I read the same Dman, will give it a go. Look out for a new GJ.....
Thanx Sensi, all my other grows have been with HPS from the flip, was looking at going against the grain..
HG to chime in soon!!

HPS! lumens lumens lumens. Just my opinion but I dumped my MH and veg and flower under hps. Didn't notice any difference in the stretch when I switched. Hps has a bunch more lumens than MH.

Might give that a try some day BK. Wish I go outdoor save all this thinking!

I have done it and it does seem to slow the stretch somewhat. Not sure if I would do it after these bulbs I have go bad because of the lost of lumens between a 600 mH and a 600 hundred hps. I have also ran a comb of both hps and mH a 600 and 400 respectfully and they also seemed to reduce stretch. Now I just bend them over, it is easier then changing bulbs

I've done both ways, including side by side tests. Couldn't really see any difference as far as the stretch though.

That being said, I still keep the MH going for the first couple weeks and then bring it back at the end of flowering. My perception is better trich development, but can't substaniate that with any statistical data.

I put 4 plants under MH 12/12 for sexing but, noticed trichs forming in the first week so I left the only female in there for four weeks and now she is Suoer frosty. At the 2 week mark I added 2 other plants ( different strain from the first ) so they got about 2 weeks of it but not frosty like the first but, still short. Now they're all in HPS light. And I will do it again for 3 or 4 weeks next time.

Thanks Guys, I have decided to keep the MH on for 2 weeks then go with the HPS. Lets see if I can notice any difference from my other grows.

Latest posts

Back