strains to fit headroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawpaw

Reaction score
Lets say one has 1.4 meters (55 inches) space between the stem base and the light proximity limit. What medicinal strength strains would work best?

thanks

Sounds like you have a small space in there, but not to worry. Remember that if your using an HPS lamp you want to keep it 12 from the tops of the plant to avoid burning leaves or buds. I would consider a plant that is good for Sea of Green set up, which is as many plants as possible all in 1gallon containers. Also a SCROG or "Screen of green" set up would be good, this is basically one plant or two that grow into a screen that will give you more bud sites. I'm not to experienced with scrog, but i'm planning on a grow soon. The one strain that i'm considering is by TGA called Jillybean.

Killertea08 said:
Sounds like you have a small space in there, but not to worry. Remember that if your using an HPS lamp you want to keep it 12 from the tops of the plant to avoid burning leaves or buds. I would consider a plant that is good for Sea of Green set up, which is as many plants as possible all in 1gallon containers. Also a SCROG or "Screen of green" set up would be good, this is basically one plant or two that grow into a screen that will give you more bud sites. I'm not to experienced with scrog, but i'm planning on a grow soon. The one strain that i'm considering is by TGA called Jillybean.

I hve grown out subcool's JillyBean....it didn't stay small at all. Stretched a bit and yield wise I was a lil disappointed. Jmo

Oh, no it's not mine, its a friend's in another state entirely don't you know:) But I think they will be using hXXp://shop.haightsolidstate.com/Haight-Solid-State-PPF-800-LED-Grow-light-PPF-800.htm. Any thoughts on that?

pawpaw said:
Oh, no it's not mine, its a friend's in another state entirely don't you know:) But I think they will be using hXXp://shop.haightsolidstate.com/Haight-Solid-State-PPF-800-LED-Grow-light-PPF-800.htm. Any thoughts on that?

I wouldnt buy it, for that kind of money you could get a real light.

pawpaw said:
Lets say one has 1.4 meters (55 inches) space between the stem base and the light proximity limit. What medicinal strength strains would work best?

thanks

I'm not 100% sure as to whether or not it would be considered a "medicinal strength strain" but none the less my White Widow from the attitude have mostly stayed short and bushy, hope it helps

My tga subcool third dimension mother is dubbed cousin it. Stays short and bushy, but can get tall. Decent amount of stretch when flipped to flower though.

I suggest topping early and training to stay short. You'll run out of room quickly without it.

I would say in that short of space. you can grow anything in a scrog that tight.
Would lean towards indica doms, or autoflowers tho.
NL5, K2, a kush of some sort, and the sort would be ok to grow in that tight of space.

pawpaw said:

thanks

I'm a little confused by this description....What do you mean by "stem base" and "light proximity limit"? Do you mean that you have 55" from the top of the pot to x inches away from the light--55" of actual growing space?

Good question THG, if what you are saying is true, he has plenty of room. IMO.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm a little confused by this description....What do you mean by "stem base" and "light proximity limit"? Do you mean that you have 55" from the top of the pot to x inches away from the light--55" of actual growing space?

Yes 55" actual room -- effectively from top of pot to x inches away from light. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

55" from pot to light....nothing you can't grow with some training ;)
I've ran a 400w in less ht. then that.

I gather training doesn't mean using a clicker and treats -- or a whip. Ah, yet another wrinkle to iron out.

But thanks for the heads up.

That is really quite a bit of room. I think you should be fine with about any strain other than a pure sativa. Training techniques--check out LST, topping and supercropping, although you may not need to do any of that.

Thanks for the help. I will begin reading posts and print on training so I know what to do if it is required.

Latest posts

Back