Strains with the least odour ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr

Reaction score
Could i tab some of you experianced growers on some insight into some strains you have grown with the least ammount of smell ?
The reason i ask is because unfortunately i have just grown some northern lights and daaaaam does it stink, u can literally smell it from down the street, the most smelliest strain for me so far, so i would not like to make that mistake again as all my neighbours are talking about it now lol :(

I managed to sweat talk a friend of mine into getting me some feminized train wreck seeds and im hoping they dont smell too much ?, and also what other strains i could think off growing that dont smell half as much as the northern lights.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated ;)

the strains i really want to grow >
train wreck, ak47, bubblegum, whitewidow, white rhino, white russian, chronic, blueberry etc lol i want to try all :hubba:

Buddy... unfortunately, they all stink... and with the ever-increasing amount of potency in all these kewl, new strains, the fragrance of these babies is also increasing... man is actually speeding up mother nature... and I think we're doing a pretty damn good job, don'tchya think? :hubba: :cool:

are you running any fans in your room or anything?
carbon filters work pretty good at cutting down the smell.

hehe thanks for youre stoned replies ;) my downfall is that outside my front door is a communal corrider and my grow room is my cupboard, i was thinking of finding out the least smelly strains but northern lights is a nightmare i'm not growing that again :p, its easy to grow and jock horror/lowryder/big bud doesnt smell half as bad as that stuff lol or putting like a portable ioniser (with a carbon filter) near the front door to at least cut down the smell going out there.

I have a carbon scrubber on the way, but in the meantime, I use a 5 gal bucket filled with a bottle of ONA and the rest water, with the exhaust fan blowing over it... never noticed the odor at all yet :cool:

Got 6 Lowrder #2 in flowering, they are not to bad....

When I get the carbon scrubber I will be 100% stealth.

You know, I'm pretty new the growing but I feel fairly confident saying that the only way to cut down on smell is gonna be to cut down on quality. Growing some low-grade reggie (if you would ever REALLY want to do that) is gonna smell a lot less like pot than dank. Best advice is just be smart with your odor control and if it's really gonna be an issue, go for a less potent, "classic" strain like Northern Lights. Good luck! :)

When you find a low odor strain please let me know.

Ye i did think about them DIY 5 gallon fan jobby but i never really had a problem until now, i mean it didn't help when i was away for a few days while it was drying out and not airing properly (i had mould on the best head :cry: ).

mrs. st00ner said:
if it's really gonna be an issue, go for a less potent, "classic" strain like Northern Lights. Good luck! :)
LoL sorry mrs i gotta laugh but NL is the object of the topic.

Bubblegum comes strongly to mind ;) well until i get a carbonfilter and see how that goes or some that i have already grown like jock horror, lowryder & bigbud (although bigbud was a bit on the stinky side too).

On a sidenote one good thing about this grow for me is on one of the plants where i had fimmed it, the nodes just went crazy.
I don't know what its called on the node where u have a leaf and an arm on either side but this one plant had 1 side only on one stem with tri's and quads on the others :watchplant: but then this is all still new to me lol

The Aurora indica I grow is low smell. I would go so far as to say almost zero smell until it flowers, and even then the smell is as if someone opened a block of black hash. I have about 6 sq ft of bud flowering and I don't need to use a filter. And it's one of the most potent indicas, 17-20% THC.
But if you want Sativas ... sorry. It seems to be that sativas just naturally put out a terrible strong stink. The Mexican sativa I have here starts to get smelly in veg when it is only about 10" high.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr said:
LoL sorry mrs i gotta laugh but NL is the object of the topic.

Wow. You can tell the state of mind I'm in when I write on this forum lol. I meant to suggest Cindy-99 but I guess I was thinking about NL subconsciously. :rolleyes: I'll be sure to once over my posts next time... ;)

its all good mrs im sure we have all done that at one time or another after smoking our home made candyfloss ;), i usually just read the OP ignoring what everyone else has written and end up repeating what other people have said.

I might have to give Aurora indica, Cindy-99 and bubblegum a try next once the smell has calmed down and my phone line is not tabbed :s

I lean very heavy towards low-odor,

The best for it's class in the little to no odor is Blue Mystic. I also think that white widow is fairly soft as odor goes. I too have heard that an Aurora Indica can have very little, but I haven't grown it yet so can't bet my life on it.

The problem is compounded by breeders though and backyard hobbyist who cross and cross, and the next thing you know is that once no smell variety can suddenly smell like a polecat fight in the dead sultry night that is humid to boot. Gag- that smell would just lead Leo right to you.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

try some haze, it's a longer flower period, but several strains are only 12 weeks or so, also I think I recall ICE wasnt tooo smelly :aok:

mrs. st00ner said:
Wow. You can tell the state of mind I'm in when I write on this forum lol. I meant to suggest Cindy-99 but I guess I was thinking about NL subconsciously. :rolleyes: I'll be sure to once over my posts next time... ;)

LOL--I found Cindy-99 to be fairly low odor, so maybe you were wrong about being wrong and were right the first time :confused:. I have not been able to find C-99 lately though. Apollo 11 was a fairly low odor strain also, but I cannot find that either. Joey Weed who I had purchased from before is out of both.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I found Cindy-99 to be fairly low odor, so maybe you were wrong about being wrong and were right the first time :confused:. I have not been able to find C-99 lately though. Apollo 11 was a fairly low odor strain also, but I cannot find that either. Joey Weed who I had purchased from before is out of both.

There is always Apollo 13 (Subcool)

But I am sure that wreaks to the high heavens :D

Latest posts

Back