Stretching phase- tied down plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saycheese

Reaction score
all my babes are in a state of bondage, tied to follow the rim of the pot

when i switch to 12/12 should i untie them first?

ive got this feeling they might dramatically change shape and become too difficult to manage if i untie, does anyone know?

my last babes are getting so topheavy i think they might stress themselves out and hermie, some small branches look ready to snap under the weight, i dont want my coiled up plants to go straight , i want a circle of projecting colas which are all at the same hieght to direct my fan at,

(my eldest needed ties to stay upright they were too tall and as a result, too lean - 35degrees lean!! almost uprooting themselves, so i want shorter girls this time
thin wire is great for keeping colas in a bouqet shape, just twist to the main stem where its supportive enough, and it can be used to encircle all colas just under the budsites, keeping them all upright and evenly spaced with little bends in the circle for accurate spacing )

Back to the point though......

does anyone else leave them tied down during the stretch phase
or perhaps untill harvest.

ive started tying down in medium size pots

i still intend a final repot before switching to 12/12

do i re-tie them again in the new pots

what would happen if i dont do it?

dont want to find out the hard way!!

bondage and a little light pinching (supercropping, if anyones reading an wondering) is now imho the best thing since sliced bread!

lol good luck, sounds like you're on your way! I saw wire being used to tie those down....bare wire?

I have a train wreck that's now 27" tall with a nice 12" sideways growth...it'll be allowed to turn upward and grow higher soon! Plan is to have a nice 6' high 8' monster! ;)

SayCheese has been in the attic going through the trunk of memories and having fun. Peace.

u got it right i didnt login for 2years but im stil groing strong! Im just startin sum buddha cheese again, best thing ive ever grown-but thats just my opinion. Bubble cheese aint as good. Organic pot-ponics is what i guess i do. Id go hydro but i hear of blockages and mould.

Latest posts

Back