Stretchy girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camiudom

Reaction score
My first grow, ends up with 6 females. I know I spent more time in Veg than I really wanted to,(nearly 3 months) but I've been super busy and didn't have time to smoke, let alone sex plants, and I really wanted to witness the growth process. Now at 2nd week to the day in flower, and after removing all the males (I hope) I've noticed that these plants are taller than they really should be for the amount of growth I would find Ideal. I've kept temperatures constant day and night until flowering, finding a drop in temp at "night" now, but not significant. Humidity is dropping daily. I would really like to perfect soil grow before trying hydro- but that's where I'm heading. I would like any advice/concerns any of you experienced growers can give. Really, I have some improvements to make to the room once I finish flowering, but I'd like to be more educated for my next grow. I have about 6ft of height to grow in from soil to canopy, and plenty of appropriate light and ventilation, as well as timers for watering- strain suggestions? My passion in life has been to learn and try new things, so any advice - even strange as it might be will be appreciated.

wat kind of light are you using and how far is your light from the tops of your girls???? with a 1000 its safe to be 18 inches away and with a 600 and 400 probally 12 inches! any farther and your girls will be jumping towards the light, hope this helps!

Cam'.. it is perfectly natural, and 'common', for plants to 'stretch' the first cpl weeks of flowering. Often doubling, even tripling in height.

Hick is right,hell some sativas seem to grow right through flowering,I have afgan/morr in house now,day 28 and still seem bigger every a.m.,good luck

Camiudom said:
My first grow, ends up with 6 females. I know I spent more time in Veg than I really wanted to,(nearly 3 months) but I've been super busy and didn't have time to smoke, let alone sex plants, and I really wanted to witness the growth process. Now at 2nd week to the day in flower, and after removing all the males (I hope) I've noticed that these plants are taller than they really should be for the amount of growth I would find Ideal. I've kept temperatures constant day and night until flowering, finding a drop in temp at "night" now, but not significant. Humidity is dropping daily. I would really like to perfect soil grow before trying hydro- but that's where I'm heading. I would like any advice/concerns any of you experienced growers can give. Really, I have some improvements to make to the room once I finish flowering, but I'd like to be more educated for my next grow. I have about 6ft of height to grow in from soil to canopy, and plenty of appropriate light and ventilation, as well as timers for watering- strain suggestions? My passion in life has been to learn and try new things, so any advice - even strange as it might be will be appreciated.

We need to know more about your space. LOL--you have actually told us nothing--"plenty of appropriate light and ventilation :confused:" really doesn't tell us anything, so we cannot make any suggestions as how to improve your grow.

How large is your space?
Type and size of lights you are using?
Ventilation set-up? Size and location of fans?
Container size?
Soil you are using?
Nutes?
How often do you water?
pH?
PPMs?

The more we know, the better we are able to answer questions and make suggestions as how to improve your grow. :D

Hick said:
Cam'.. it is perfectly natural, and 'common', for plants to 'stretch' the first cpl weeks of flowering. Often doubling, even tripling in height.

sometimes 4-5x even :eek: flippin sativas gotta love em :p

Mutt said:
sometimes 4-5x even :eek: flippin sativas gotta love em :p

Yup.... Bend here... tie down over there... :rolleyes: OMG! :eek: I better bend and tie that down too... ;)

The only thing more radical than the training indoor sativas require is the sativa spank the buds always give my brain!:stoned:

Peace!:cool:

so how far are your plants from your light?? what type of lights??? you still havent told us NOTHING

Latest posts

Back