Suggestions Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Skinx

StealthOrganicGreenthumb+
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a tried and true method of pipe cleaning. Glass, mind you. PLEASE...... no back-woods hillbilly ideas.... I have cracked and thusly ruined two really wicked hand-blows from others' crappy ideas. I really like my current glass piece, but it is unsmokeably clogged. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

if it were me, id spend every spare moment of a week if it took that long scraping out all that gunk with every and any tool under the sun i could posibly find in your average household to suit the job. then id roll it up and enjoy my resiny "savings account" lol

but hey, a few guys on here have some great methods i think, ive not owned glass long myself... damn good toke though eh!

Soak it it ISO alcohol for a day. High percentage like 90 or above. Only thing I would do that eats up the resin without damaging pipe.

You could save the ISO soakings, let it evaporate, and smoke the Ghetto hash oil if ya really wanted to.......

Kewl. That is what I'm doing as I type. Thanks, man.....

I was looking at some old threads and came upon this one, so I wanted to bring it back up.

First, how is the ISO working out for you and your pipe Cappy.....

And second, I've never received so many thanks in my entire life, so I wanted to thank you all for the thanks.:)

THANKS

Later........PB

I have tried this more than 10 times with my bowl and friends bowls as well. I have a pot dedicated to this as well as the utinsils that are needed and with this way you get to keep the resin to smoke in the future.

Fist find a pot that you will never use for anything else because after this you wont be able to.

Fill it up with water about 3" above your glass bowl.

Bring the water to a boil with the pipe in the water. this way it gets used to the heat!

Find a plastic spoon that you will never use for anything else again as you will not be able to with this either.

You will have to watch this closely and keep stirring while the water comes to a boil. DO NOT LET THE BOWL JUST SIT ON THE BOTTOM FOR TOO LONG. This will cause cracking in the glass so keep stirring (be gentle though). let the water boil for 15 minutes while you stir.

Once to a boil you should start to see the resin float to the top of the water. This will look almost like black oil at this point.

While strirring your bowl around take time to scrape the edges of the pot to loosen built on resin. this will cause it to move to the center of the pot.

After about 20 minutes scoop your bowl out of the water and hold it with a pot holder and drain it out above the pot. Then place it back in and continue stirring.

You will pull the pipe out one more time and drain again after about 10 more minutes have passed since the last pull.

After this last drain set you bowl off to the side on a towel and let cool at room temp.

Take your spoon and scoop the resin that is building up in the middle of the pot and scrap off on to a hard surface. Then scrape the rim of the pot again and pull out the rest of the resin that has built up.

Place the resin in a cool spot being sure to form it for your your bowl, Genrally I just roll it up in to a circle, but this must be done while it is still hot so have your hands ready.

Drain the water in the pot and clean with a scrubber that you will never use again. You will not get all of the resin oil off of anything you use here but you can clean it!

put this stuff in a box once clean and use for later use.

*NOTE: This will stink up your whole house when you do it!

I hope this helps. I do it every time I have to clean and it works verry well and you get to keep the resin.

Just never let your bowl sit on the bottom you MUST have constant movement!:cool:

Capt. Skinx said:
Can anyone give me a tried and true method of pipe cleaning. Glass, mind you. PLEASE...... no back-woods hillbilly ideas.... I have cracked and thusly ruined two really wicked hand-blows from others' crappy ideas. I really like my current glass piece, but it is unsmokeably clogged. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

If your not a fiend for resin like other ppl alcohol and salt always worked for me.

Dr. Greens lighting flash cleaner, and a few pipe cleaners. literally look it up, try to find it at all costs. it works amazing, doesn't leave an iso taste. and its inexpensive. i sell it at my work. i use it personally. its the only thing that will clean my perculator.

just go with the cheap and cheerful iso method works every time...

Yeah i use the ISO method or i take 420 cleaner and you spray it and it just pours out! I got a new glass yesterday too :) I was origionally going to get a bubbler or a many bong but i ended up getting a nice little bowl :D

~Burn One~
Dewayne

going to a head shop bc there have been numerous times the people have told me cleaning solutions that wont damage the pipe or the color, and usually its cheap :] or scrape, sometimes scraping can be therapeutic, i hope this advice helps :/ good luck bro!

dudette90 said:
going to a head shop bc there have been numerous times the people have told me cleaning solutions that wont damage the pipe or the color, and usually its cheap :] or scrape, sometimes scraping can be therapeutic, i hope this advice helps :/ good luck bro!

dudette I wld remove the live link in your signature before a mod catches it...you can't hve live links to anywhere off site....not to mention it is quite easy to use the link to get into your photo bucket and see your other pics...and in your case you hve pages and pages of them...when do the braces come off by the way??

imo iso and rock salt works for everything. Patience is usually lacking when it comes time to clean youre gear. Soak over nite if need be. Wash with water afterwards and youre done...just my .02 cents as a s blower ! Check the glass shop in the DIY sect. ~peace

oxyclean and warm water, just let it soak for an hour then rinse

HI,

I've had great results with Oxyclean as greenfriend mentioned and also Cascade powdered dishwashing detergent... It's GOTTA be safe if it's for dishes that you eat off of, right? Just put a tablespoon or so down in your bong and pour very hot water into it and let it sit and go to work for 5 - 10 min and then do a little shaking, brushing, rinsing... etc... The crud usually just rinses away. For glass pipes, pullouts etc I use a medium sized mixing bowl and put hot water and cascade or Oxy with the bowls and let them soak, sometimes overnight... get some scrubbie bristled pipe cleaners to help coax caked on resin once the soaking has loosened the tar...

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back