T8 to a t5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much better is the t5 set up. I'm running 2 3500k 32 watt, an 2 4100k 32 watt bulbs now. Is it worth the money?

IMO, yes a T5 is worth it. However, it is all about the lumens and the lumens per watt. So....how many lumens are your lights putting out? How much space are they lighting? You want a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. The T5 will emit 92 lumens per watt, giving them t=about the same lumen per watt ratio as a MH.

I'm way under the 3000 lumes per square foot. In that case new lights is a must need. An can I start to finish with hps bulb setups?

Growops87 said:
I'm way under the 3000 lumes per square foot. In that case new lights is a must need. An can I start to finish with hps bulb setups?

Yes, but you may find it more cost effective to run a T5 for vegging and HPS for flowering. I have found that I get just as nice veggie growth from 216W of T5 as I got from 400W of MH, plus the T5 runs a whole lot cooler and spreads the light a lot better.

Yeah,,I Love the way T5s spread the light,,,and my plants always gets bushy during vegg using T5s.

Growops87 said:
How much better is the t5 set up. I'm running 2 3500k 32 watt, an 2 4100k 32 watt bulbs now. Is it worth the money?

This not the ideal spectrum for vegging, should be 5000k +

Is 5000k a litte on the low side? what do you think the difference would be after 6 weeks with using 5000k vs. 6500k ?

In my experience, the 6500K spectrum is about the best light for veg growth. The 5000K will work but not as good as it is closer to the green area of light and is not absorbed as well as the 6500K. :)

With the 5000K you would see a little more stretch(not as tight innernodes) than you would with the 6500K, but seemingly more root growth(not sure why) :)

Latest posts

Back