THC Bomb & Afghandalf, DWC, first hydro 1/27/08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lax4wm

Reaction score
Hey everyone, welcome to my first grow journal.:D

We have here two fine specimens from Marijuana-seeds.nl.

The Bomb is the first image (hopefully female) she is about 1.75 inches tall and has been in the bucket for about 10 days now. She received 1/4 strength BC Grow/Boost 3 days after sitting in the bucket, and a week later (today) half strength. If you look closely looks like she has some mutationor something...almost like insects got to the leaves..but it seems to have just grown that way. It is nothing I am TOO concerned about and feel confident her new growth will be healthy. What really excited me was for the first time today I looked and underneath the net cup i saw some beautiful roots hanging below! All of which were 1-3 inches beneath the cup so they should be fairly large. Really sweet.

The afghani
was only put in the bucket 4 days ago and will start 1/4 strength BC Grow/Boost tomorrow. I hope you all stay tuned, I'll have new pictures up in about a week. Ghani is the second picture and is currently sporting the ever so trendy dome ;)

PS I am "baby" sitting for a buddy of mine those more advanced solo cuppers are 5/7 White Widow also from Marijuana-seeds.nl and the other 2 are some kind of "haze" a friend got from a friend.

Lets hope everything goes smoothly:smoke1:

Bomb.JPG

Ghani.JPG

Setup.JPG

looks good bro
gonna watch this one
"the bomb" looks like a mystery plant
i have growing currently

hey man... looks like yer off to a good start.

tell me... have you used the BC products before?... I just picked some of their stuff up yesterday and was wondering what you thought of it?

the nutes I was using has become difficult for me to obtain, so I decided to give this stuff a try. Any comments would be appreciated.

good vibes for ya, man...

Syke: Yea I really feel like THCB is a mystery plant so many threads about people wondering what its all about, I'm really excited to be an early tester. I hope yours goes well. If you are ever in this thread please post an update i'd love to hear about it.

Vancourver Guy! lol, Heres what I can tell you about it as this is my first time using it as well. My friend at the water store ;) was using it at the time claimed it worked fine he said he didn't notice much different between this stuff and GH. He noted that the BC tri-pak is all organic and PH Buffered. Which is good for me because right now i'm working with litmus paper no digital ph reader...I am treading lightly. Experience wise:
When the thcb was first put in the bucket, i feel like growth really slowed...i blamed it on the plant focusing on growing a root system, I had heard that plants will sometimes do such a thing like put most energy into rooting if it really needed it when in most times it would do say 50/50 roots/vegetative growth. Anyway, the 1 week of 1/4 strength nutes, is responsible for the entire growth difference you can see between that Bomb and Ghani....the Bomb looked like the ghani only about 7 days ago. Bottom line...I don't have much trial and error with it but my first trial had the plants responding quite pleasantly. I hope that helps, its about everything I know pertaining to the stuff. THanks for the Vibes.

Took some measurements today, the bomb is only 2 inches tall but has a wingspan (leafspan? width?) of 6 inches:holysheep: , with the ghani weighing in at a whopping...... .55 inches. he's just a little guy:baby:

Both have been fed for the week, the bomb really seems to be liking Grow/Boost combo.

Major weakness is that the 400 Watt MH you see in that image is gone =(....12k worth of CFL Lumens are comin today, 8000 lumens @ 5,000K, and 4,000 lumens @ 6500K. Until they get here babies are under a 250 watt hps :sniff:

**EDIT** WOOOOT Bulbs came today, no more 2700K for my veggin babies 8)

I hope you enjoyed week one...if anyone is interested i'd be more than happy to upload pictures more frequently. My plan was once a week just so I can see a fair amount of change. :watchplant:

Well I have changed THCB's water, it's tap from the tub unfortunately, I use instructions that came with technaflora goods, using the 750ppm guided amounts, I have finally gone to full strength (the first two weeks were 1/4 and 1/2). I hope she responds positively.

THCB is SO FAT, she is 2.5 inches tall, 10 inches from leaf tip to leaf tip(wide)!!, Sorry I forgot to take an image with the tape measure next to it, but you'll just have to take my word for it :hubba:. I didn't get the best pic of secondary growth but considering how little light my secondary sites are receiving they are growing quite well. You can see how little light they are getting because the first sets of leaves are so fat. The root growth looks great:D (they are actually bigger than in the image, image is about 3 days old)

I wonder sometimes how sensitive to light the roots are, when moving the buckets lid between buckets (part of my water changing process) the roots are exposed to my 13w lamp in my room, i try to protect is as much as possible from the grow lights.

Good ol'Ghandalf could be making me happier right now. I started him at 1/4 str for 600 ppm..so approximately 150ppm, and I think he was a little too young. Some signs of nute burn, although I am a newb when it comes to diagnosis so, please any input is really appreciated. I took pictures to show the small amount of yellowing/brown leaf tips, It looked minor I really wasn't worried about it, however the first leaf set has brown spots on it, you can see in the image...idk is that more nute burn??? Anyway tomorrow when his bucket gets changed I decided I am going to keep it at 1/4 str because of this reaction.

I know its alot to read but what can I say, I only get to talk about my babies once a week!

Please feel free to talk about anything here, as discussion and questions helps everybody learn =p.

100_1134.JPG

100_1135.JPG

100_1136.JPG

100_1137.JPG

100_1146.JPG

100_1126.JPG

100_1138.JPG

100_1144.JPG

100_1145.JPG

looking good so far
updates more often would be nice,
really want to watch this one
hope everything goes good
to me it doesnt look like nute burn at all
they all look very healthy

they look fine to me!
keep us updated :)
oh and good luck :)

hehe

Everything is looking good so far. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost of energy. ;) Good luck with the grow.

yes
indeed i am from the Bay
the best place in the world

I know someone else from the bay area on a different forum (not mj related). He loves the place too. Only he thinks he's ghetto when he's not. Was just wondering. He gets great med grade herb over there...heres a shot of some purple urple or GDP

Purp.jpg

THCB doesn't even look like MJ to me, funny thing is my friend is growing same strain same company, similar lighting, and it started out the same as mine but is growing like most mjs would..

Started to LST today will show in pics tomorrow!

Hey everyone time for the weekly update.

As you can see my THCB looks a little funny right now, I just started tying her down..and roughing her up:hubba: last night. So please excuse the awkwardness. I am a big fan of the LST and am new to it so any suggestions please send my way.

THCB is the thickets fullest plant I have ever grown, and she just loves the nutes gonna put her abov 800ppm at next bucket change see how she likes it right now she is at 750ppm.

Afghani is just starting to catch up, last night he really showed some growth and I am hoping his roots are really starting to develop.

Here are some pics hope you like the poses ;)

100_1175.JPG

100_1179.JPG

100_1185.JPG

100_1186.JPG

100_1187.JPG

100_1188.JPG

100_1189.JPG

100_1190.JPG

100_1192.JPG

100_1194.JPG

I am thinking about adding the 250 HPS on top of all these bulbs, what do you guys think?? Is it worth it since it's not the "proper" spectrum? I feel like it could either be worthless, or really helpful one or the other because of the amount of lumens this thing puts out i figure it will help, lemme know what you think.

Latest posts

Back