the SMELL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
ok, I knew that my plants with smell good and strong form from the bag the seeds came from. But I did not think they smell that strong, it is so strong you cna smell them upstairs...it not like I am growing a large amount of plants I only have three...

SO WHAT CAN I USE TO COVER THE SMELL...

They have a thread in the forum that describes how to make an odor mask/removal with a 5 gallon bucket and lid with a cheap wal-mart fan and some odor removal stuff.

The can fans with carbon barrel filters work well also.jmo

greenjerry said:
ok, I knew that my plants with smell good and strong form from the bag the seeds came from. But I did not think they smell that strong, it is so strong you cna smell them upstairs...it not like I am growing a large amount of plants I only have three...

SO WHAT CAN I USE TO COVER THE SMELL...

U got a New incent ! And it Smells Great !!
WOW I want that Smell Toooooooooo..:hubba: All in time

Why cover it up ? :hubba: Afraid that the smell might Linger onto ur clothes so everybody int town can smell How Fresh U R. ;)

I knew it was time to get a carbon filter when my wife got home from work and said.." You know you can smell that stuff from the sidewalk":eek: 45 minutes later it was installed;) never used anything but carbon filters...cause they worked so i stopped searchin:)

So does the Ona Block, Ona Block is a semi-solid odor neutralizing agent that slowly releases to eliminate any airborne smells. Made from a complex formula, it uses essential oil technology to destroy a wide spectrum of organic and non-organic odors. Not a masking agent; it neutralizes odor.

I run an ozone generator and it works great. Got it set on a timer to run for 15 on 15 minutes off. Plus because I vent into my HVAC system it freshens my entire house. With my fans in my grow room on I can smoke a joint of White Widow in my living room and the smell is gone in 20 minutes. You need to be careful with ozone generators, high concentrations can do some damage to your health and your plants as well. But they come in handy for a lot of things other than the grow room. Wife burnt the pot roast, go grab you ozone generator put it in the kitchen flick the switch and before the pizza is delivered the house smells fresh again. I also had a pipe break on me and had mold growing in my floor before I realized what was happening. Got it fixed, put my ozone generator in the hole for a day while I was at work. Came home, molds gone. With an ozone generator you also don't have to worry about powdery mildew or other types of mold as the O3 kills it on contact. Plus if you run DWC systems it will kill all the bacteria in your tub keeping them sparkly and clean. That can be a negative though if you are an organic grower. Best 200 bucks I ever spent. You can get cheaper ones but I purchased one with some head room so to speak incase I go bigger in the future.

These things work so great my wife wants me to get an inline corona burst ozone generator and install it so it works in conjuction with the furnace. Every time the furnace goes it freshens your whole house.

Oh and for those of you that like venting into your attic (even though its a no no) an ozone generator would eliminate the smell and the risk of sick house syndrome which is caused by black mold. You may still get a bit of water damage from excess condensation but at least you won't die or get sick.

it don't get better than carbon filters...i have an ozone generator that doesnt work as nearly as well as a single $50 CF 2600....carbon filters kill the smell of even floralicious bloom....and that shite stinks baaaadddd

Puff monkey, sounds like your concentration isn't high enough. Get a ozone tester and make sure you are hitting the proper concentration levels for your room. I run the uvonair 3000 (iirc) its supposed to do 3000 sq ft and my room is 1000 sq ft so I got some ozone test strips set it on a timer and kept playing with it till I got the right run time set. My buddy has a carbon filter and will be switching to an ozone generator as soon as his filter needs replacing. Nothing wrong with carbon filters though (besides the weight, size, and mess if you fill your own) and they cost about the same intially. Ozone generators need to have their bulbs replaced about once a year depending on the use they get and how well you keep the unit clean.

Quick edit: if you are going to use an ozone generator make sure you place it up high and put a fan underneath it to disperse the ozone. It is heavier than air and will just pool on your floor if you let it.

Tater said:
I run an ozone generator and it works great. Got it set on a timer to run for 15 on 15 minutes off. Plus because I vent into my HVAC system it freshens my entire house. With my fans in my grow room on I can smoke a joint of White Widow in my living room and the smell is gone in 20 minutes. You need to be careful with ozone generators, high concentrations can do some damage to your health and your plants as well. But they come in handy for a lot of things other than the grow room. Wife burnt the pot roast, go grab you ozone generator put it in the kitchen flick the switch and before the pizza is delivered the house smells fresh again. I also had a pipe break on me and had mold growing in my floor before I realized what was happening. Got it fixed, put my ozone generator in the hole for a day while I was at work. Came home, molds gone. With an ozone generator you also don't have to worry about powdery mildew or other types of mold as the O3 kills it on contact. Plus if you run DWC systems it will kill all the bacteria in your tub keeping them sparkly and clean. That can be a negative though if you are an organic grower. Best 200 bucks I ever spent. You can get cheaper ones but I purchased one with some head room so to speak incase I go bigger in the future.

These things work so great my wife wants me to get an inline corona burst ozone generator and install it so it works in conjuction with the furnace. Every time the furnace goes it freshens your whole house.

Oh and for those of you that like venting into your attic (even though its a no no) an ozone generator would eliminate the smell and the risk of sick house syndrome which is caused by black mold. You may still get a bit of water damage from excess condensation but at least you won't die or get sick.
Excellent info...you may have convinced me:)

I don't know man, I'm sure it WORKS with that concentration but gee if it is harmful in high quantities this scares me! LOL! I'd just be smokin' a bowl one day and think I'm choking of suffocating from the ozone!

And well, if it kills small things, it might have bad lasting effects.

I say, if it works don't fix it. So wouldn't you rather pay less on a better working safer product?

(unless you buy the can filter like me LOL)

i've got a pack of those nasa strips..the ozone works but it puts another smell in place....sprays and other things release other paricles and stuff where a carbon filter removes them...don't get me wrong, they all work well with the right application..i just prefer the cabon...plus i like to do things "big"...if i do it, i do it right the first time

DomsCron: Ozone is naturally occuring. Most notably during lightning storms. The US FDA has marked ozone as safe for 24 hour breathing at concentrations not exceeding .05 ppm. My room is at .04 ppm and well within the guidelines. In everyday life (especially in high smog areas) you may be exposed to levels in the .065 range daily and even higher during lightning storms. It kills virus's bacteria and mold. But like anything if you over do it it can be harmful. If you are scared to use it thats up to you but then you might want to stop breathing because CO2 can kill you in high concentrations (actually its CO2's ability to displace O2 that kills you usually) and even oxygen becomes extreamly poisonous at high concentrations. Water can kill you to if you drink enough of it (or you could drown so cross taking baths and swimming off of things you do). In the end if you are responsible and use the product as it was intended and follow the manufacturer's guidelines you will be fine. Almost anything at to high of concentrations can kill you. Hell going for a walk could kill you if you got hit by a drunk. If you don't beleive me I can point you to a lot of articles and science to back me up. (I deal in facts not hearsay and anecdotal evidence.) Here's a link to peruse if you feel so inclined.
http://www.airpure.com/ozone-purifier.html
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CEED91E39F931A15751C1A967958260

That second link is to an article in the NY Times about the dangers of ozone at high levels. People in major centers (like NY city) are much more likely to be exposed to harmful levels of ozones by just going outside than I am likely to be exposed to by entering my grow room.

No an ozone generator is like.... well an ozone generator. It generates ozone. Your ionic pro generates air particles with negatively charged ions that kinda glom onto positively charged particles. I've never seen an ion generator that is worth the money it takes to buy it. Most wouldn't do squat in any decent size grow room (or grow closet for that matter).

1000 square feet
((((htttp://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=209&navid=23

Better then the gel
(((htttp://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=205&navid=23

The best
((htttp://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=204&navid=23

Hope this helped

Latest posts

Back