There's more to life than weed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasgun

life's good Today!
Reaction score
IMG_0898.jpg IMG_0915.jpg IMG_0897.jpg IMG_0877.jpg living in the last frontier we enjoy a lot of freedom and in keeping with my title i wanted to share some pictures from a shrimping trip i took a month ago. Mostly just mundane hohum Alaska scenery then one of our catch. Your looking at 9 gallons of spot shrimp tails.
If this thread flys ill post some fish pictures directly, were about to start fishing kings and silvers.

Very nice, glad your enjoying it all...

Alasgun -- South Texas Coast !-- Got about 40 miles of wild beach with Bay on the back side of the islands !-- Kayak and a cast net !-- I should probably get a fishing license?-- Haven't been in awhile -- Don't know how people can live far from the water ?- Hurricane Harvey tore the place up some last year but they the price we pay to live on the Gulf Coast -- It can all be gone in the next storm !
20180314_132454.jpg

That's pretty both. Alaska has water Keef, but not the sandy beaches like you do. I used to sit in front of the Cook Inlet and smoke pot. We loved alaska, 40 below zero the day we got married.

I'm allergic to the cold !-- Don't do ice and snow for sure !-- U should see me drive on ice ?-- On second thought being close enough to see me drive on ice is too close to be safe -- Brakes is useless!-- Only way to stop is to hit something !--
I been to Alaska !-- First time - I was in a summer suit and everything was white !-- It was not fun !

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef- we lived in Alice for a couple years, you were the ethnic minority but the people were real nice. (1978-1980) id have to say your gulf shrimp tasted better than ours, these are quite sweet but missing that taste.

Rose- we have some smallish sandy beaches but due to the short, cool season; beach sittings not a thing up here. Once retirement fully kicks in we're thinking about going outside a month or so each winter to break it up a bit.

Alice not that far from me !-- I grew up in East Texas near Houston !-- Had been north of New Orleans for a decade or so when Hurricane Katrina came to call !-- It was not fun !-- Came back to Texas after that !-- Worked in the operating Room for 20 years then slipped on a wet floor -- Broke my fall with my face !-- Screwed up my neck -- left arm won't always do what I say !-- I admire the Frontier thing and I was raised with the needed skills but I can't do stuff like that anymore !-- Doctors almost kilt me with thier morphine -- Been off that stuff quite a few years now !--
Grow my own meds now !--

2A011175-9681-46E6-BD28-5CC28C26E61B.jpeg Caught this King today and 6 others along with one silver.
Hoping for another dozen or so over the next week!
By the first week of August i consider real summer to be over, anything we get after that is gravy, notice the rainy overcast day? Its suppose to be like that all week. I like to tell people everyday is nice in Alaska, you just have to wear rain gear to appreciate most of them.
We never loose sight of how fortunate we are!

Last edited:
Every place I have lived has been near water. From North coast to South coast. :)

C7855967-6445-4626-8F41-2E5F50B0529D.jpeg This morning we got our 4 fish limit of Kings in the first hour! These are what we call feeder kings, there here from somewhere else to fatten up for a couple years before returning to their home stream to spawn and rairly exceed 20 lbs.

Last edited:
Dang dude..... fish fry at Alasgun's house. LMAO

Beautiful catch.

EBE927E1-4A09-4C34-8C2B-ED2C668AEB1E.jpeg I dont usually brag this much, but since im on a roll! Today it was 3 kings and a very nice widow rock fish. And if im wearing you out take heart, ill be done tomorrow.

E2735396-7328-49DE-8FC4-0EBB119B5A87.jpeg A04FE326-60D2-4B61-B241-A62374CB151F.jpeg Tell your deck hand, shes very beautiful; then apologize to her for putting that picture out there for the world to gawk at.

Today ended the the fishinf part of the Seward adventure for the year, i was fishing by myself this morning and got my limit of 2 fish And they were both white kings. Suppose to be like getting a hole in one!!!
We dont see a lot of difference in the taste, some people rave over them.

Last edited:
Alasgun...

I have surf'ed the Marijuana Passion Forum for years.
Its the only forum I post on and I feel right at home here.
I too, am an 'Old Codger', or 'Fart', as you say,
having been reported 'dead' {"No breath, no pulse, dead".}
after laying in a ditch all night after my Motorcycle wreck.
I look pretty good for a 66 year old dead guy actually.

But I never checked out the Old Farts section!
I am an old coon hunter/trapper from the 50's.
I've 200 traps in my barn right now and am a mastermarksman ...
and snareman.
I too have a million good stories and in fact have written a book.
A book about just that, all my old hunting stories.

I am amazed by seeing shrimp as big as a lobster.
Theres fisherman and hunters here! I am aghast!
I was thinking today about getting the old Harpoon out,
she hasn't been cranked since my wreck, 5 months before 9-11.
Trailer tags, boat numbers, fish license, check everything. $$$
Food, beer and bait and go out to Lake Athens and run 40-50 jug lines all night, {3 hooks each}
Sleep in the boat and after running the line the next morning roll it up and come in.
I used to get 150 lbs live weight of Channels and Blues, 4-8 lbs {hatchery fish}
And have photos of me in the boat ramp area with my catch!
{I'll look for them.}

It is good to find like minded individuals where you never expect to find them.
If y'all were a snake y'all would have bit me!

jacktheknife world famous fifth century forge and scullery

jacksknifeshop.tripod.com

Thank you...

The Poet...

Last edited:
Well, were farther and farther from “the intent of the forum” but long as its ok thats good. Man cannot live by weed alone.
I too ran snares / traps in the Dakotas and hunted coons and cats with english red tick hounds.
But that was 200 uears ago, now salt water boatings the thing, cept we only have a 4 month season so i wile away the rest of the year on the many projects ice dreampt up diring the past year. Having my own machins shop is an asset.

Do we have a private message option or do i just keep plugging along like i have? Dont wanna bore or irritate folks.

Ill look that site over, and yea its nice to know a little more about some of ya’ll.

Last edited:
Feel free to plug on. I enjoyed the pics.

I'm pretty sure the only topics banned here are politics.

Thats great Hackerman, ill keep my politics to my self only to mention that me and Ronald Ragan shared the same birthday and were both left handed!

A forums kindof a strange place to get to know people and unless we know each other in real life, we only get a piece of the picture.
Heck, once i get just a wee bit more comfortable ill tell you About the time i got my nut sack stuck in a rifle barrel!!! That’ll make you spew your coffee.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back