1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

There's more to life than weed!

Discussion in 'Coffee Table' started by Alasgun, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jul 11, 2018 #1

Alasgun

Alasgun

Alasgun

Machinist
    IMG_0898.jpg IMG_0915.jpg IMG_0897.jpg IMG_0877.jpg living in the last frontier we enjoy a lot of freedom and in keeping with my title i wanted to share some pictures from a shrimping trip i took a month ago. Mostly just mundane hohum Alaska scenery then one of our catch. Your looking at 9 gallons of spot shrimp tails.
    If this thread flys ill post some fish pictures directly, were about to start fishing kings and silvers.

orangesunshine and umbra like this.
  2. Jul 11, 2018 #2

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

2RedEyes

Something clever...

Retired
    Very nice, glad your enjoying it all...

3. Jul 11, 2018 #3

Keef

Keef

Keef

Alasgun -- South Texas Coast !-- Got about 40 miles of wild beach with Bay on the back side of the islands !-- Kayak and a cast net !-- I should probably get a fishing license?-- Haven't been in awhile -- Don't know how people can live far from the water ?- Hurricane Harvey tore the place up some last year but they the price we pay to live on the Gulf Coast -- It can all be gone in the next storm ! 20180314_132454.jpg

4. Jul 11, 2018 #4

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

That's pretty both. Alaska has water Keef, but not the sandy beaches like you do. I used to sit in front of the Cook Inlet and smoke pot. We loved alaska, 40 below zero the day we got married.

5. Jul 11, 2018 #5

Keef

Keef

Keef

I'm allergic to the cold !-- Don't do ice and snow for sure !-- U should see me drive on ice ?-- On second thought being close enough to see me drive on ice is too close to be safe -- Brakes is useless!-- Only way to stop is to hit something !--
    I been to Alaska !-- First time - I was in a summer suit and everything was white !-- It was not fun !

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Rosebud likes this.
  6. Jul 11, 2018 #6

Alasgun

Alasgun

Alasgun

Machinist
    Keef- we lived in Alice for a couple years, you were the ethnic minority but the people were real nice. (1978-1980) id have to say your gulf shrimp tasted better than ours, these are quite sweet but missing that taste.

Rose- we have some smallish sandy beaches but due to the short, cool season; beach sittings not a thing up here. Once retirement fully kicks in we're thinking about going outside a month or so each winter to break it up a bit.

Rosebud likes this.
  7. Jul 11, 2018 #7

Keef

Keef

Keef

Alice not that far from me !-- I grew up in East Texas near Houston !-- Had been north of New Orleans for a decade or so when Hurricane Katrina came to call !-- It was not fun !-- Came back to Texas after that !-- Worked in the operating Room for 20 years then slipped on a wet floor -- Broke my fall with my face !-- Screwed up my neck -- left arm won't always do what I say !-- I admire the Frontier thing and I was raised with the needed skills but I can't do stuff like that anymore !-- Doctors almost kilt me with thier morphine -- Been off that stuff quite a few years now !--
    Grow my own meds now !--