Think i got a male Auto-AK, just need to confirm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BagSeed

Reaction score
Well, i put out some auto ak-47 plants about 5 weeks ago and the other day 2 of the 3 finally started showing sex. Im pretty sure this one is a male but it also has some hairs where the lower 2 sets of branches meet the main stem. But at the top nodes it appears to be balls city. Maybe i have a hermie which i would actually rather have than a male. I tried to get some of the hairs but couldn't but i got a good one of the balls and whole plant. It is about 10 inches tall and is the tallest of the 3 i have which also makes me think male. My other two are about 6-8 inches and about 4-6 inches. Hopefully they keep growing for a little bit, i gave them all their first light dose of ferts yesterday. Here are the pics. Let me know what you think.

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

yep I would say you got yourself a male

I was under the impression that autos did much better indoors so that they could be given 20 hours of light per day.

If it is outdoors and it is not anywhere remotely near the other confirmed girls I would just let it go instead of killing it off just to make sure.

looks like balls to me :D

hey jack i did autos outside last year they were much better yeild than the ones i did indoors :48:

They usually have more yield indoors but i can't grow indoors so i got them to have a mid-year harvest. And yeah im gonna let it keep growing in case i want some pollen. Also, will this thing live untill frost comes or will it die before then?

it will die they are pre programmed :giggle: how long till the frost :stoned:

Frost around here comes sometime in October usually. I figured it would die before then. Will it keep growing till it dies or does it max out and stay that size for a while before it croaks?

BagSeed said:
Well, i put out some auto ak-47 plants about 5 weeks ago and the other day 2 of the 3 finally started showing sex. Im pretty sure this one is a male but it also has some hairs where the lower 2 sets of branches meet the main stem. But at the top nodes it appears to be balls city. Maybe i have a hermie which i would actually rather have than a male. .

That is definately a male. The hairs are probably new growth and not hairs. Why in the world would rather have a hermie than a male???????? Please don't say for the seeds.....

Lol no not for the seeds. Just cause a hermie actually has buds on it. Seeded bud is better than no bud imo.

BagSeed said:
Lol no not for the seeds. Just cause a hermie actually has buds on it. Seeded bud is better than no bud imo.

:D That is true, however if you are wanting seeds, you do want a 100% male--none of that he-she stuff.

The Hemp Goddess said:
:D That is true, however if you are wanting seeds, you do want a 100% male--none of that he-she stuff.
why is that??? does it mess da traits up or sumthing?

Latest posts

Back