This is a Question Not About Growing or Smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a question I have never asked in a forum before, but by the nature of the subject here I need to ask.
How many Military Veterans are members of this forum.
And I am not asking for just the U.S. veterans, I would like to know worldwide.

The reason I ask is because my smoking links back to my time in service. I had some bad stuff happen that left me with P.T.S.D, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
That means that I am crazy, but for the most part, a safe crazy. I also have a compromised immune system from Agent Orange.

O.K. I’ll start off
United States Marine Corps.
March 1965 to March 1969, I was 17 when I joined.
Time severed in Vietnam
October 1965 to January 1967. In what was called I Corps, We had the country divided into 5 sections, I Corps was the farthest north in South Vietnam.
I landed in Da Nang spent some time first in Chu Lai then Phu Bai, and the last stop and where I was for most of the time was called, Dong Ha. But I did not see much of the town because I was in the bush most of the time.

I was never in the service but want to THANK YOU for your time spent servering. :48:

I will thank you also for serving.

I am married to a vet. Same Police Action. He is a lucky lucky man to have gotten out whole.

USAF 1986-1990...joined right out of high school at age 17...was stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Japan...had some of the best times of my life there and the Air Force gve me the early structure and discipline that has helped me throughout my life....

Hamster Lewis said:
USAF 1986-1990...joined right out of high school at age 17...was stationed at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Japan...had some of the best times of my life there and the Air Force gve me the early structure and discipline that has helped me throughout my life....

Kadena Air Base in Okinawa Japan, been there done that and also good times, Camp Hansen Okinawa Japan, Sept to Oct, 1965. Recon training.

US Army Airborne/Airasault Infantry I was in the first mess in Iraq in the early 90's, and also had a beautiful little visit to Mogadishu Somolia, East Africa, for those who never heard of it. Like vietnam, our gov.t never declaired war in Africa, but there was plenty of killing going on, and be shot at by children not wearing uniforms. I to suffer from PTSD, uncle sam sends me a comensation of 124 bucks a month for loosing my sanity, and my hearing...aint that sweet of him. Oh well I guess it's better than nothing...oh yeah and I love the visits to the VA....I hope ya'll can sense my sarcasm! I love my country, and the people that are in it, but don't trust the ones in charge!

tcbud said:
I will thank you also for serving.

I am married to a vet. Same Police Action. He is a lucky lucky man to have gotten out whole.[/quote

Thank you, for the thanks to all of you.
Yeah those that served in combat are lucky to have made it out in one piece. Its the ones who didn't that leave the pain.
I am glad that your husband made it back whole, you are both very lucky people.:):)

legalize_freedom said:
US Army Airborne/Airasault Infantry I was in the first mess in Iraq in the early 90's, and also had a beautiful little visit to Mogadishu Somolia, East Africa, for those who never heard of it. Like vietnam, our gov.t never declaired war in Africa, but there was plenty of killing going on, and be shot at by children not wearing uniforms. I to suffer from PTSD, uncle sam sends me a comensation of 124 bucks a month for loosing my sanity, and my hearing...aint that sweet of him. Oh well I guess it's better than nothing...oh yeah and I love the visits to the VA....I hope ya'll can sense my sarcasm! I love my country, and the people that are in it, but don't trust the ones in charge![/quote

I never figured out how being shoot at ain't a war. I have alot of the same feeling you do legalize
Airborne/Airasault Infantry, a lot of similar training.

I was going into the Marines, but my older brother was an officer in the corp, went through OCS, and I had visions of him breathing down my back...lol also the idea of being on a boat in the middle of the ocean kind of scares me...but jumping out of a perfectly good airplane excited me...go figure.. so maybe I was a little screwed up before the service to...lol

80-87 U.S. Army/ Rangers, Ft. Lewis Wa.

USAF 1967-1976. For those of you that went to Kadena, you probably saw the "Habu" while in the area. That's the project I worked on, and you'll understand I can't say too much about it.

During those days, I smoked a lot of weed, for 'recreational' purposes, and did a lot of other wild and crazy things. After the service, jobs, careers, parenthood, etc, made me want to quit weed and booze, and tried my best to be a respectable citizen. Spent about the next 25 years or so doing that.

The past couple of years I've had a lot of problems, both of a medical as well as a psychological nature. I enrolled in the VA health care system, and spent a lot of time in the Green Team clinic (Behavioral Health, for the non-vets). The shrinks and I spent a long time going thru a lot of drugs that I had some bad experiences with. About a year ago, I gave up on the drugs/docs thing and started smoking weed again, this time for the medicinal value (still enjoying the recreational value too, though).

My wife and the psychologist tell me I still have a few peculiar behavior characteristics, but I feel so much better that I don't care. Anyway, its been a long, strange trip, and I think I'm finally on the right track. The wife and I just vaped an early sample off my current grow, and there's some very nice medicinal value there. A little more couch-lock than the last crop, but still a very nice trippy high. Its all good.

USAF, July 1973 - July 1980 (7 yrs 11 days 2.5 hrs --yes children weren't those days fun?) Like legalize_freedom I was a little messed up before joining up., from having been raised in cultlike fundamentalist church and discovering how badly I had been mislead. Went hog wild in a frenzy of trying to make up the things I had missed out on. Then got married, had a child and enlisted just to have a job -- wrong reason, wrong age, wrong marital status, wrong parental status and definitely wrong attitude towards relationship of military to me and vice versus.

Only permanent duty assignment Fairchild AFB,WA, Strategic Air Command. Survival skill learned -- the ability to report to the shop Chief, and scan a single spaced type 3written page upside down to figure out why I was there.

Towards end of enlistment the jeeps that worked for me would meet me at the door with "Well Don,what are they going to do to screw with you today?" All the result of an alcoholic E-9 whose philosophy is summed up very neatly in a statement he made to me once "Sgt. Jones, If the Air Force had wanted you to have a family, they would have issued it." met by my attitude in my response "Chief, IF my wife had wanted me to have an ID card, SHE would have issued it!" Two mutually and totally incompatible philosophies held by two mutually stubborn men who were incapable of compromising.

AS the warden in "Cool hand Luke so wonderfully understated "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

The Chief died thinking he won because he got rid of me 1yr, 11 days, 2,5 hrs into my second 6 year tour [/B]but I know I won because I got tired of screwing with him and the "system" and manipulated it to get discharged with an Honorable even if I had a bad reenlistment code -- yeah whoopee, I was to old to reenlist even if I had wanted to and would have went on welfare before I reenlisted PLUS I kept a $12,000 reenlistment bonus for only serving 1yr 11 days 2.5 hrs of a 6 year enlistment.

Bitter, not really anymore, just sad that the lifers can NOT fathom much less believe or accept the idea, that making E-5 and becoming part of "management" could make an E-4 decide to change his behavior. Had arranged a "foreign exchange phone number" so the base could call me at local rates, would have cost me approx $120/month in 1980 and made the decision that I was now management/lifer whether I wanted to be or not once I had a line number for Staff in spite of the Chief's campaign to prevent my reenlistment and to block my promotion, then found a non-appealable loop hole to remove my line number So it finally soaked in that the Chief was retiring at Fairchild and I wasn't willing to give up my home and friends to ship to another base so, manipulate the CO for my purposes just like the
Chief had for his purpose of blocking my promotion after fighting unsuccessfully for years to discharge me via administrative hearing discharge for conduct unbecoming and to block my reenlistment. To make a long story short, 3 days after I gave up and decided to bail, we had temporary ID cards and less than 20 days I was a not so civil civilian.

Enough, you all have a great day, good smoking and a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR. May next year be a better year for you than thise one, regardless of how good this year MIGHT have been.

wmmeyer,

What variety for the couch-lock & trippie high?

When I tried to go to the Green Team, after claiming Alzheimers, they told me my behavior problems and memory loss were insignificant and that I actually scored way above average for my age group. Boy, there must be a lot of very forgetful 61 year olds around.

Good smoking.

DonJones said:
wmmeyer,

What variety for the couch-lock & trippie high?

When I tried to go to the Green Team, after claiming Alzheimers, they told me my behavior problems and memory loss were insignificant and that I actually scored way above average for my age group. Boy, there must be a lot of very forgetful 61 year olds around.

Good smoking.

I don't know the variety. My girlie is the result of a bagseed that I started to develope my growing techniques. I liked the crop so well, that I've just been re-vegging her, and that one plant is the only one I've grown so far. All I can tell you is, by looking at her leaves, she's a sativa/indica cross. The taste has a very definite lemon meringue flavor plus a very definite skunk taste.

Dealing with the VA is a trip, for sure. I scored flying colors on the neuro-psych test, too. But I flunked out on a few other tests, so they're still trying to find a slot to plug me into. From the results I've seen, I'm better off without their help. I enjoy going up there to mess with them, but I'm completely off all their drugs, and doing well on my own.

I had a guy told me one time that the only way to get recognised by the Green Team, was to throw a chair thru a window, jump up on the doc's desk, and piss on his head. But then one day I wondered back to the thorazine ward and watched some of the patients thru the window for awhile. No thanks, I'll stick with my home-grown meds.

wmmeyer,

Amen to the home-grown meds thing. I must admit that the VA ER here in Spokane sure beats going to the "public for profit" ERs. Also, their Urology and vision clinics have done real well by me.

I'm having trouble getting a different primary care provider so I just go to the ER for everything.

Amen to the bag seed plants. I'm got a purple something variety that came from an accidental windborn purple something pollination of a friend's outdoor grow that I'm trying to start if i can ever get controlling the temps in my cloning/seeding area straightened out. I bought a seedling mat yesterday and this morning all of the clones and the one sprouted seed are just wilted badly. The temperature of the medium is now holding steady at 84F (a little higher than I like, but usable). I watered them again and am going to give them a day or 2 to see if they come back. My medium temperatures were swinging from the lower 60s to the high 90s and maybe they just gave up, before I got the mat under them.

Good smoking.

Service?
Yep been there done that
but not at liberty to discuss it, lets just say its not a grey area but more black then anything and 14 years of it has taken its toll. Cheers to all who have served and done their part.

God Bless

Cheers!

My deepest thanks to ALL of you!

1992- 1996 USN , Desert storm. Then some terrible hangovers all over the Med. sea. Got married in the Ukrane, don't remember to much of that night, but the vodka was awesome!

Latest posts

Back