this is all I have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
The lights that I am using are 100w soft white light bulbs (wal-mart cheap lights)...
output with 1690 lumens

my starter room is 34/20.9 inches = 4.9 sq. feet = 4900 lumens= 3 (100 watt lights)...I added one more light today...

I have read that you should have 1000 lumens per sq foot, is this save to assume or should I take the new light out...please let me know...

(I am thinking about going to get some CFL Fluorescent Spiral Bulb -Energy saver- light next weekend...are the light I am using ok or now...will they do more harm to my plants...)

your gonna want 3000 to 5000 lumens per sq ft. also if you have are usin normal household bulbs they won't work for growin mj. you need something like a cfl, floro, HPS or MH. incandesents lights will not work for mj sorry. your gonna want a color spectrum of 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowerin. hope this helps.

So I should get new light soon...tues, i will be getting them...but will a CFL Fluorescent Spiral Bulb -Energy saver...will they work, becasue they are I believe household lights...

ya cfls (the spiral bulbs) will work. thats what i use. when i say normal household lights i mean incandesents. you can get cfls in a 42 watt bulb that has 2700 lumens and a 23 watt with 1650 lumens. one of each of them per sq ft will be fine. also imo cfls aren't very good for growin tall plants unless you plan on usin side lights also. i keep my plants under 3 feet and get good results. jmo good luck.

if you want a better light for less money there is a link here somewhere for 150 hps lights for 20$ ready to go. imo you'll get better results with a hps and at that price they're cheaper than cfls.

Latest posts

Back