tip burn and new clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mndovrmtr420

Ganja Grower
Reaction score
I have my clones in a flood and drain table under 600w hps enhanced hortilux bulb, Im running 750 ppm nutes @ 5.8, theyve had roots since last Saturday(7days ago) BUT, they are getting a little tip burn. I took the cuttings in the end of week two flowering and they are having some trouble not growing anymore hairs and focus on just veg growth. Im wondering if the tip burn could be from the fact that they are still trying to flower a little bit, and the extra nitro in my veg nutes is a bit much for now. I dont believe 750 AN nutes and 1ml of superthrive per 20gal is too much. Any input? TY

could just be from the clone trying to revert back to veg, it`s a hard time for the little dudettes. that`s why it`s best to take your clones during the veg phase only.
the further into flower, the longer the time it will take for them to revert.
good luck man;) ;)

750 ppm for clones is way too much, even with roots showing.
I would lower your nutes, clones dont need alot of nutes if any.

i try to keep my fresh rooted clones in a solution under 350ppm....i've yet to have one show any toxicities or deficincies....bear in mind that even though rooted clones are usually from mature plants that they've still been through a traumatic process and need to be nurtured a bit for the first few weeks....

fleshstain said:
nurtured a bit for the first few weeks....
I intend only to veg for 21 days though and I have big white roots coming out of all the 10" square net baskets. Today is the 10th day of veg. firt 5 dys was 500ppm, stepped up to 750 last wedensday (day 5) I only recently switched back to hydro from a couple of years in the dirt, grew hydro this way for about seven years, just need to remeber a few things. Maybe Im pushing them to hard. Thanks folks

Latest posts

Back