Tips on not getting your grow busted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to generate a list of tips and tactics we can put together to help conceal your grow, or not get it busted. Some tips may seem obvious, but better safe than sorry. Everyone add theirs, so we can be as safe as possible, and avoid detection.

-Never throw anything associated with your grow in your garbage. Often times cops (if you are being watched) will go through your trash to try and find something to use to get a search warrant. Once you put your container of trash on the street it is fair game for anyone to look through.

-Never tell anyone about your grow

odor control!!!!!!
Never have seeds shipped to grow location.

Never hold parties(this is how my friend was busted) at your grow location or do anything else that may get police attention

Be responsible.
Pay your bills, pay your taxes. Be law abiding, don't make trouble.

Be curtious to your neighbors. Who knows - if your in "good standing" with them, they may give you the benefit of the doubt if your fragrance comes wafting their way as it sometimes may happen.

If you've been handling your plants, wash your hands with detergent hand soap to remove telltale oils, if you plan on hopping in the car to drive. I wonder what a K9 sniff would be like on your license if you were pulled over for something not related?

keep it in a locked room, Even if you are the only one living there. No telling if friends would want to walk into your spare bedroom for something.

Yeah don't tell anyone, The sad truth about reality is you think you can trust someone but you really can't. One mate knows I love to Garden and smoke pot so I'm sure he knows but its smart not to tell a soul.

hmm this is one i thought up the other day im not too sure though.

Keep your lights off during working hours because then when they come to check the dials yours wont be spinning out of control.

My buddy got busted when his dial was spinning out of control and the landlord decided to take a peak and see whats inside

bigbudsbruddah said:
Never hold parties(this is how my friend was busted) at your grow location or do anything else that may get police attention
how long did he get and what state?

do NOT put pics of your girls on your cell phone. (newspaper reported thats how some dude got himself + his grow busted).

If ur computer dies then detroy the hard drive with a strong magnet or Axe it to wipe out any pix before getting rid of the comp.

IF you are going to sell it, sell it only to people you truly know and trust. Don't sell it or deal with some retard who is constantly getting into trouble or doing stupid things. You never know when they'll go a step too far and trade you in for a break.

Store your pictures of your pot/plants online under and under false information.

it you dont already, move to one of the following states:
Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington
be a medical caregiver and abide by the local laws.
where i live it is recomended that i have 30 plants per qualified patiant.
right now im only running with 18 per patiant.
be sure to keep all your recipts from expenses and track income if any and pay tax on it. (the feds dont need to know that you grow pot they just need to know that you are paying taxes.)

Latest posts

Back