To all who live in med/mar friendly states.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb247

JuztBudz
Reaction score
Here in Michigan we are about to be issued our medical usage cards and we have run into a question that we have not yet worked out. How does your state handle the issue of medibles? Let's say I take a 1/4 z. of med. grade cannabis and add that to 1/2 cup of oil, then strain out the particulate matter and use the remaining oil to make a batch of muffins, cookies, whatever. The finished product weighs a lb. Now, do I have 1/4 z. of meds or do I have an lb. of meds. While cannabis is a magical plant, I know of nothing in the world that will turn sugar and wheat flour into cannabis, so IMHO you still only have that original 1/4z of medicine, surrounded by a bunch of sugar and flour. This a question that we are trying to figure out here in Mich. Has any other med/mar state addressed this matter?

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this matter.

Peace...j.b.

Here in Washington State your recipe would be just fine because there is no limit to the amount of "medible" marijuana for a patient. Once the pot is converted into food you can have a lot. I have about 3 dozen
killer brownies, plus muffins, carrot cake, bannana bread, etc. in the freezer right now cause I dont smoke it much-I ate one after dinner so I hope this post makes sense?...

I'm not sure if there are limits in CA either. I know that I can get a small piece of ginger bread (1.5"x3"x1") that has three doses in it. A third of it is enough to knock your head off. When I make brownies, I usually use 1/8 of bud to a full cup of butter. They always turn out really good. Anyway, it's the fat in the butter that the THC bonds to, not the sugar/flour. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back