To Clone or not to clone, that is the question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my **** together, if you saw my previous posts, I have had a bad spider mite problem (among other things) that wiped out my clones and basically my SOG start. I've cleaned everything up, and have started some seeds. I have a plant that is ready to clone. I've done it once before, and I used a diy-bubbler under flouros. I use a grow tent with 400w mh for veg right now, and I'm wondering when I take the clones, do I put them under flouro? or leave them in a corner of the grow tent (away from the light)? As I understand it, the less stress the better, so moving it out of the tent under flouro seems like it would be more stressful? Any opinions?

Put them under the flouros, they do not need the lumens that the mh puts out. Just enough light for energy to promote rooting. The more light the more the leaves transporate water making it harder for the plant to grow roots.

We use an EZ Cloner and T-5 lighting two flouros. We cut the clones using clone x and put them in the cloner with no light for a couple of days, misting them. Once they have recovered from the shock of the cut, we put the lights on the, but have them about 24" above the tray and no longer mist them, once they are under the lights.
While some use nutes with clones...some do not. We use all 'Cutting Edge' products and a light diluted solution for the clones.

I use a 20,000 lumens flor I bought at walmart. it simulates day light but stays cool.

2Dog said:
I use a 20,000 lumens flor I bought at walmart. it simulates day light but stays cool.

Wow--2Dog, what did you buy at Walmart that puts out 20,000 lumens? I haven't seen anything at "regular" stores that will put out that much.

did I say it wrong? let me check...oh thg I got it wrong.. 2700 lumens and 20,000 hours on...LOL... but it works great! hehehe

HAHAHA...i wondered about that too......darn lot of lumens...kind of thought they might fry under than....

It has always been my experience that the clones need the lights asap, after clipping. I would never wait a few days. but to each their own.

Latest posts

Back