too early???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingNatural

You snooze,you lose....
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I started 20 lil ones this year mid april. My youngins are bout 3-1/2' - 4' tall now. have I started too early? I read somewhere that plants may not finish completely if started too early. If so, do I need to clone when sex is revealed to "stop the clock"? Sex has not shown just yet,I am eager to know what I have (we need weed sonograms:) They do look mighty sweet,I will have pics for ya' when I scale the cliff again :p They are NL, WW, Crystal. One fell over from wind and is no longer with us :( One was chewed in half by a deer and was naturally topped,thanx bambi. I had a bit of a bug problem in the beginning but I have brought it under control with neem. This is not my forum(outdoor cult) I prefer indoor,so all your input on the geat,beautiful outdoors is welcome.Thanx for your time and stay safe :D:D:D

FlyingNatural said:
Hey guys,
I started 20 lil ones this year mid april. My youngins are bout 3-1/2' - 4' tall now. have I started too early? I read somewhere that plants may not finish completely if started too early. If so, do I need to clone when sex is revealed to "stop the clock"? Sex has not shown just yet,I am eager to know what I have (we need weed sonograms:) They do look mighty sweet,I will have pics for ya' when I scale the cliff again :p They are NL, WW, Crystal. One fell over from wind and is no longer with us :( One was chewed in half by a deer and was naturally topped,thanx bambi. I had a bit of a bug problem in the beginning but I have brought it under control with neem. This is not my forum(outdoor cult) I prefer indoor,so all your input on the geat,beautiful outdoors is welcome.Thanx for your time and stay safe :D:D:D

An early start only means more veg' time, more veg time = more growth. More growth = bigger plants/yields.
They will flower and finish just as they should.

Man you started them just in the right time!And they will grow big,huge and you will have a good yield if you take care of them!I started my plants about a month before you did yours and they are just fine!Post some pics of aour plants so we can all see how they look:)

hey guys,
Thanx for the input :) That is what I figured, I am used to the indoors :)You can see some pics on my "misty mountain hop" post below:)

This is my first proper outdoor grow in over ten years.
I used to concentrate my efforts on indoor SOG in 1gal pots, before I relocated.

I too was concerned about the overall finishing height of my crop.
This is a back yard crop.

Having read TOA's great thread about Supper Cropping, I followed his advice to control height.

I transplanted into the patch last weekend. all of my plants were in the 18" bracket, with no signs of being root bound.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics

Latest posts

Back