Too Late to Top 'ems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbz99

Reaction score
I started flower on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo!), and I'm wondering if it would be too late to top my plants.

Any advice/experience someone could relate?

I have never topped when plant was flowering always done it in vegg so as to keep it from stressing it out to much. But try it and see what comes of it .Maybe someone else will chime in on the matter..take care..

5 days at this point? If you are going to do it I would do it now and not a day later.I actually only top potential mothers. Does it have to be topped and if so why? You could also just use LST or instead of topping do the stalk pinch method...this is where you pinch and twist the stem until you feel the pulp squish, when you release it the stem should lay over 90 degrees (sideways). Two days later the main stem will have healed itself where you pinched it and the side shoots will see increased growth while the main stalk is healing. This also means you get to keep the main cola on the plant although it will end up shorter.

yeah most of my plants have been pinched and lst'd. i didn't know if topping on top of that would increase yield.

If you top while in flower, what your doing is cutting your main cola off.

:peace:

GreenThumbz99 said:
yeah most of my plants have been pinched and lst'd. i didn't know if topping on top of that would increase yield.
Topping, LST,pinching ect.. these are methods used to control height issues. Not increase yield. Having a proper grow environment is how you maximize yield. Also how long you vegg your plant will play a factor in final yield. It may look like you have more bud, but if you grow 2 plants side by side 1 trained,and 1 untrained given same conditions same nutes, lights everything the yields will come out the same...take care..

Latest posts

Back