too much bush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyGalaxy

Reaction score
My plant is simply and insane bush. Should I be trimming the lower stalks, branches, and immature budlees to help the upper buds? Should I let them go and allow them to be while I wait for the top to finish and then lower the lights to grow them?

a1 012.jpg

That doesn't look like a bush monster yet. How far into flower is it? and how much more room do yu have for upward growth? Don't do any cutting at this point, she is rockin and yu don't want to disturb that. If yu are afraid of running out of room, yu can tie strings to the upper branches and gently bend them out and down several inches, this is the LST method and it works quite well, and it will allow more light to get down to the lower buds which will help them plump up. I had a jungle in my last grow and they were all up in my lights. I had to litterally "break" them over to get them out of the lights. Some I was able to tie down while others had to be broke, but they continued to grow and produce right to the end. Big Bud mojo to ya

GuyGalaxy said:
week 8 of flower.

IMO, Leave it alone, next time trim the lower branches in late veg or the first week of flower.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, what Dman said.
I would suggest taking them 1 week before flip and using the material as clones.
W

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: At 8 weeks flower yu got only got 3 more weeks tops. If yu still have room above her for any growth that she may do, then don't touch her. At this point it shouldn't do a lot of upward growth as she looks like she is starting to put on weight now.:hubba:

Hushpuppy said:
:yeahthat: :yeahthat: At 8 weeks flower yu got only got 3 more weeks tops. If yu still have room above her for any growth that she may do, then don't touch her. At this point it shouldn't do a lot of upward growth as she looks like she is starting to put on weight now.:hubba:

How do you figure 3 more weeks tops? There is really not much bud development for 8 weeks of flowering. This makes me think maybe it is a 14-16 week strain?

It looks like it needed more light in veg and probably needed more in flower as well.

Some LST would have done it a favor but its too late now.

Next grow keep your light as low as possible, that will make it bushy and less stretchy.

For your first grow it a fine plant indeed.

WhT kind and how many lumens are you throwing at her? I am with THG....8 weeks I wld expect more bud.

A cpl days before I flip I like to trim the lower 1/4 off my girls....seems like it helps concentrate the energy to the bigger buds up top. Not to mention it helps with air circulation down low. Jmo

The Hemp Goddess said:
How do you figure 3 more weeks tops? There is really not much bud development for 8 weeks of flowering. This makes me think maybe it is a 14-16 week strain?

Holy cow:eek: That shows how much I know:eek: I didn't know there were strains that went that long. All I have ever seen average 8-10weeks in flower, 11 tops if the light got messed up.

I trim lower branches at the end of veg, if I remember to. Popcorn isn't a great deal of use.

Latest posts

Back