too tall plants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mars40592

Reaction score
I'm flowering in a tent that is 4'x4'x8' tall, under a 400 HPS lamp, mix of bubbleponics and soil (I started all my girls in soil and grow clones in bubbleponics). My problem is that I have a mix of breeds. Some seeds came from old mediocre pot, which are all growing nice and short, and the others were special ordered, advertised as indoor and 100%sativa, and these bitches are growing way too tall! I've had to tie them down, bending them way over. Plus they are taking far longer to develop buds (the more indica plants have small but mature buds, the sativa have only started getting buds). I have many clones of all my girls, but I cannot put them under 12/12 until I clear out this harvest, which is weeks away at the earliest, so it's a frigging jungle in there. Is tying down my only solution to my too-tall plants? Should I just chop them real short and never let them grow tall?

Hey Mars,
1st you should know the forum rules do not allow your description of your plants , just a friendly FYI.

Do a search on LST and HST ( low stress training and high stress training )
You should get great advice and knowledge from those threads, i did.

Good luck

I dont think using the B word is going to get you banned ;)

But its a term of derogation.

You have no option but to be brutal and force her down.

A 100% Sat can reach 14ft tall !!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bend her over really hard and let her rest for a couple of days.

Then take a pair of pliers to her and nip her main stem several times, this will stunt her upward growth and will help your problem for the time being.

Only nip her until you feel the fibres of her stem crack, do it any harder and you will end up with your original idea, a plant in two halves :rofl:

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
I dont think using the B word is going to get you banned

No, but do you remember a few weeks ago on my thread i used **** and recieved like 12 red bars? lol.
If *** gets red bars i thought actually spelling it out may result in a flogging.....................lol...............................

Dr.Greenbud said:
No, but do you remember a few weeks ago on my thread i used **** and recieved like 12 red bars? lol.
If *** gets red bars i thought actually spelling it out may result in a flogging.....................lol...............................

There is another way of looking at it.

That word is not in the banned words or it would be asterisked.

? not in the banned words?
I just did a search and could not find any list of banned words.
As far as i know the only way to tell if a word is banned is to actually post it and watch for *****.?

I understand what you are saying.

I often thought the same thing.

But just to help you out, these are banned words.

So try not to use them :)

lol. thanks...i had most of them, now i have all, lol.
Maybe your list can become a sticky for all newbys.

I shouldn't have treated my plants like dirty little whores and called them naughty names. If it makes you all feel better I have dressed them up like nice little Catholic Schoolgirls. As they are growing a bit wild I've trimmed the little bushes.

lol, live and learn.
It was my mistake not paying attention to my girls when the very 1st yellow spots showed up on the leaves.
Yesterday i cut one of the mature girls down and only saw dead mites and no eggs. I have 6 plants left in flower and they will be done in 3-4 weeks, after the last one is harvested i plan to scrub the flower tent with hot water/bleach mix til it gags me to smell, after drying i'll let loose with the water/alcohol mix til that smell gags me, let it dry then the safers soap and i'll vacuum the carpets again and spray them.
I'll then go to the veg tent and spray all the clones for extra measure.
I'll keep a close eye on the clones so they don't become infected.
Anyway, thats my plan.

mars40592 said:
advertised as indoor and 100%sativa,

Indoor and 100% Sativa shld not be in the same sentence....:) Sats grow so tall that you need to get on them very early and train the hell out of them, topping and lst is a must...

Latest posts

Back