transplanting new seedlings & ph question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
hey guys, currently have a hydroponic drip system set up. i started with seeds and planted them in root riot. Now I have seedlings that are about 1-2 inches tall. Today is day 8.

At what point should I transplant them to the hydroton?

Also, I picked up an electronic PH tester from Lowes. It says it's for soil, it should work for water as well, right?

thanks!

I am not sure what "root riot" is so I can not answer your first question, but as to your last soil ph testers and water ph testers are very different. A soil ph tester will not work with hydro and visa versa.

root riot is just a flowering cube...

ok, thanks, i'll buy one. i've got the GH PH kit...i'll use that for now.

can you suggest a water tester that will do both PH and PPM?

I use the Hannah Checker (it checks ph, ppm's, and temp). It is pretty reliable, should spend around 100-130 on it. The cubes need to put in the hydroton and the drip system when the roots are showing at the bottom of the cubes. In the meantime just make sure they don't dry out. When you put them in the hydroton, make sure you cover the top of the cube. Rockwool cubes that are moist and left under light can get mold growth on the top of the exposed cube.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back