Trimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StickyIcky420

StickyIcky420
Reaction score
So my plant is about 15-18 inches tall and is still in veg. Is there any trimming that I would need to do before putting it into flowering? my digi is missing right now so i can get any pics but it has the fan leaves that have only 3 fingers would it be safe to get rid of those?

All info helps.
Thnx in advance
StickyIcky420

im no expert but on my 1st grow i took of any dodgy lookin leaves especially at bottom but that was more due to lights being to far away but it definately did no harm still produced good bud. would recommend that u dont trim too much off in 1 hit u dont want to shock them so go easy and spread the trimming out but only trim if u think something is wrong. the 3 leafed ones in my guess would prob fall off in later flowering if not touched so i wouldn't panic hope this helps bro!!:joint: LOL keep us informed!!!

thnx bro this is my first grow so when i find my digi ill take some pics and put them up. thnx again

StickyIcky420

I've always read that you should never remove a fan leaf...unless its covering a big bud mass...

Peace,
B

You want to keep trimming to a minimum. Trimming tops diffuses flowering hormones. Which can reduce yield if done right before flowering.

Leaves should only be cut off when they are 50%+ damaged... at this point it costs the plant more energy to fix the leaf then it does to fix the part open when you cut it off.

They should not be cut off ANY other time. Period.

Scraggly under developed (typically lower) growth however, can be cut.

It is also good to trim off the bottom portion that will not receive light due to a thick canopy. Therefore when they flower the nugs will be better since all energy is put toward the branches that can get light.

Latest posts

Back