Twisted new growth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHighCrimes

Organic Mechanic
Reaction score
Hi Guys .
One of my 6 UK cheese plants is showing deformed growth ,
This plant has always remained the smallest she is currently 2 foot tall and the other 5 are around 4 feet tall !

They are all in the same soil and they are all feed the same nutrients !
My thoughts are that it is a mutant but there may be another reason for this happening !
Any ideas would be appreciated !
Thanks THC !

P2110855 (640x480).jpg

I would say Mutant....have ya the time and space she may grow out of it...

take care and be safe

:ciao: 4u
Thanks for the reply 4u .
Space is no problem .
Time is possibly going to be a problem !
Pre flowering is showing on all of the plants .

My biggest concern is that if i continue to allow her to flower she may turn hermi and cause further problems !
I'm seriously considering the "CHOP"
I dunno if she will grow out of it or turn hermi ??

I guess i can wait a few days for more results !
If more people consider her to be a mutant her days are numbered !

Thanks 4u for calling in .
Take care .:48:

Looks like your girl is having a bit of a hiccup, she should grow out of it.

Hey there buddy looking at your leafs gives me a few idea's of your issues first off many times this is caused from a deficiency, make sure ph is correct and secondly most common leaf twisting is either to humid of a room and when lights come on evaporation / transpiration is to fast make sure if you foilage spray give ample amount of time for plants to dry out before lights come on , good air movement is key
Nutrient issue not sure what your feeding them but make sure there is Zinc in it
Zinc is main cause of leaf twisting and Deformalities if you can foilage spray zinc and iron get on it
your plants need more ZINC

Hello guys .

Thanks for the replys i will keep a watch on this plant and see how she progresses over the next couple of weeks !

It seems that she may grow out of this strange growth pattern .
Time will tell Thanks heaps guys !

4u2sm0ke said:
I would say Mutant....have ya the time and space she may grow out of it...

take care and be safe
4u Once again your advice has been proven to be useful ..Ive forgotten how to multi quote so i'll show ya a pic when i reply to pcduck ..Thanks for the Help ;)

pcduck said:
Looks like your girl is having a bit of a hiccup, she should grow out of it.
This is a prime example of why MP is the only place . I got banned from an Australian grow site because some people have no idea about problems when growing our canna plants . Most of the knowledge i have gained over 4 years has been right here at the only place "Marijuana Passion" Thanks guys if i had of listen to some of the ** at that other site all of my plants would be in the compost pile ...You guys Rock man ! :D

The same plant and if you look closely you can see the twisted growth under the first top sets of leaves !

She has grown out of it ! :hubba: :)

P2180877 (2) (640x480).jpg

that if it's a chines twin or is it simes twin or symeus twin well i can't spell it but like a person that has its other sibles stuck to there body, that's what your plants look like to plants in one stem.

skullcandy said:
that if it's a chines twin or is it simes twin or symeus twin well i can't spell it but like a person that has its other sibles stuck to there body, that's what your plants look like to plants in one stem.
Good stuff Mate!

JLJ siamese twines is what i was unable to spell your plant looks like a siamese twin two plants inside of one body of stems

Ok thanks for the heads up guys you guys are right all of these plants are sisters / siamese twins ..lol
YET I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM !
So i will post it here and save some server space
I have tiny black jumping insects about half inch under the soil !
My nutrient supplier has changed the base nutrients that i have used until 2 weeks ago !
I bought the same product but the analysis values have changed ...
I used the weaker solution product and i think a nitrogen deficiency is showing now !
Pic No#1 is the original product analysis that has been perfect during this grow !
Pic No#2 is the replacement product analysis which instantly began to show a nitrogen deficiency and was used at 2-3 times the recommended amount during the past 2-3 weeks !
The yellowing is still working its way up the plants killing the oldest leaves first and is also killing some of the younger growth near the base of the plants !
More info will follow due to brown burning appearance near the tops of 2 plants and another product replacement !
And guys can we keep in mind these tiny black jumping insects !

P2240888 (640x423).jpg

P2240889 (640x414).jpg

P2240885 (480x640).jpg

P2240880 (480x640).jpg

Ok sorry guys this grow is a soil grow "organic" and the plants are around 3.5 months old !
Temps range from 20 celsuis over night and 35 celsuis on an average day in the greenhouse !
Air circulation should be fine as the greenhouse has no roof on it as yet and i leave the door open ..
My ph meter has been giving various readings even after being calibrated so i am using pool colour test strips which i used during 2 previous grows and they were successful for those 2 grows !
I have replaced the product above with another local product called powerfeed i fed the plants this product 4 days ago to try and fix the nitrogen deficiency and this product in pics has now created some kind of further deficiency or burning near the top of 2 plants !
They have been flowering for about 2 weeks now as well !
So this battle is being lost and i'm losing leaves everyday !
At this point they also look overwatered due to flushing them all yesterday and I'm just going to hang and wait for further directions from you guys !
Thanks and peace to all !

The new product and further pics of another problem ...err i think ???
Help needed PLEASE !

P2240894 (640x425).jpg

P2240879 (640x480).jpg

P2240877 (640x480).jpg

P2240876 (640x480).jpg

Thanks guys for the pm and the advice they have improved already ! You can find me back in the greenhouse in a few days time !
Thankyou !

The 35c is a bit warm but should be survivable.

Sort of looks like a salt issue.

What does the top of your soil look like?

The little black bugs could be gnats or springtails

pcduck said:
The 35c is a bit warm but should be survivable.

Sort of looks like a salt issue.

What does the top of your soil look like?

The little black bugs could be gnats or springtails

Hey pcduck :)

Hmm those temps have been a concern yet i do use the shadecloth quite often as 1 specific helicopter has been a regular hound during the past 2 weeks but the gals do seem to handle the heat with adequite water supplied ;) !

Now the salt issue could certainly be a contribution to the problem and could it be that my kelp meal contains to much salt as it is recommended that it should be used for an additive to horse feed ...but i used it because numerous organic growers in the Northern hemisphere use it and this kelp meal passes through numerous processes to ensure that it is clean which encouraged me to give it a go ! Maybe i should stop adding it to my bubble tea's ???

I'm not sure i follow what you mean about the top of the soil :eek: ?? It usually dries out within a day and shrinks of the side of the pots by around 1/2 inch... but remains moist 3-4 inches deep and i try to water every 3 days and the coco/soil mix seems to be pretty well airated as 3-4 litres of water will give around 20% runoff in 10gal pots !

These bugs that i found in the worst looking plant pot are most likely springtails "thanks google" ..I purchased quite a few springtails when i purchased the red worms and put them into the worm bins with extra coco added to the bins but most of them have dissapeared from the worm bins and the worm bins are 50ft away from my plant pots ! But i would say that they are def springtails ! I have not seen any maggot type larvae or flying gnats around the plants or in the soil ! :cool:

I have been blazing away on the bubblegum grow for 2 days :stoned: and have just noticed that a full moon is about 3-4 days away and i believe that this has fooled me into believing that the plants are looking better ! The moon is making them look better and they have still got serious issues i have lost about 30-40 leaves per plant during the last 7-8 days :eek: !

I'm a growing man and i feel like crying my tits off right about soon bro !
I dunno what to do
Kinda like watching my own sons slipping away and i can't figure out how to save them :eek: !
Its gonna be a looooong winter if they don't make the bong hit :holysheep:
Thanks pc your help is always appreciated thanks man !

johnnylongjohns said:
Nematodes !
Hey jlj thanks for poppin in and sharing some more woeful, painstaking, options to consider :eek:
Thanks again "google" nematodes are the kind of tode that i really don't want to even consider !
These microscopic badboys will become worm food for my worms before i let them wipeout my crop!

I still have a male plant that i cut about 7 days ago
The rootball and stump are still in the pot with the soil can you offer any insight as to damage or signs i should look for within the rootball !
My plan is to thourghly inspect that rootball and soil for any tell tale signs of why my plants are dieing so suddenly !
Thanks jlj if you can offer any further assistance ;) !

I use kelp meal in my teas also.:)

What I mean by what the top of your soil looks is, does it have a white build up on top of the soil once it dries out?, is it crusty?

Are the tips of your leaves pointing up? like it is praying?

According to my Garden saver book, that appears to be a Phospherous deficiency. Given that you are in organic, I would say that either something is locking up the available Phospherous, or there isn't enough in the soil, or you don't have a strong enough microbe herd.

If they are outside and have been rained upon, that could have caused the PH in the soil to drop to a level that is locking out the P. That would be the first thing I would check, unless I knew that PH isn't off.

It's possible that you have too much nutrients in the mix and that is locking up the P, but I'm not sure how you would determine if that is the case.

The only other thing would be that you just don't have enough P available to keep up with the flowering needs of the plants. One possible solution for that is adding bone meal to your tea or adding in an already chelated source of P like Budswell or Alaska Morebloom to your tea.
I hope this helps you :)

Latest posts

Back