Twisted new growth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys :cool: !

I will reply to you guys separately in quotes as well ;)

So as i stated i will check the male plant rootball for any signs of damage or reasoning for these symptoms taking place :cool: !

Pic 1 : Top of the soil pics with the stem to show if any signs of a salt build up !

Pics 2-3-4 : The rootball after being removed from a 8-9gal pot about 9 days ago and it doe's show signs of possibly becoming rootbound but i think we have all seen some badly rootbound plants and could rate this at around the 7 out of 10 region.
Also a pic of a drainhole showing no signs of roots ..but hey i'm here asking you guys for assistance and don't really know anyway :cool: !

Pics 5-6-7 The rootball and pot after cleaning up !
And a picture of the largest plant in a 10 gal pot which is showing signs on the lower growth of an "N" deficiency yet the 2nd largest plant behind her is in the same size pot and she is showing similar burn marks on her top leaves or phos problem ...or maybe even rootbound btu the drain holes are clear of roots !... ???

I don't really know guys so heres a few pics . :holysheep:

P2260913 (640x480).jpg

P2260916 (640x480).jpg

P2260915 (640x480).jpg

P2260917 (640x480).jpg

P2260919 (640x424).jpg

P2260920 (480x640).jpg

P2260911 (640x480).jpg

P2260910 (640x480).jpg

So those pics show the rootball on top of 2 pots which were both damaged and formed to make 1 good pot ! "grower on a budget" ;)
That male was cut about 9 days ago so rootbound still has me thinking maybe ??...."maybe" :eek:
Also pcduck the white stuff is dol lime on the soil in pics which i added yesterday due to taking drastic measures during stoned moments !

The other 2 plants which are severely damaged are in 1 of those pots "7-8gal" yet don't have roots showing at the drainholes either !
There are no signs of any bugs in the soil yet they are still a bit overwatered from the flush and The leaves are dropping fast from these 2 plants !
We also have had some rain over the past 3 days which is'nt helping either ..Grrrr !

Anyway here's a few pics of those 2 as well !

P2260909 (640x480).jpg

P2260912 (640x480).jpg

P2260908 (640x480).jpg

Nematodes are beneficial live insects that you buy. You apply them via a watering to the soil. They will eat all the bad things in your soil. Maybe even your worms !

LOL Thanks JLJ :D
I "googled" the bad nematodes but i'm with you now !
Beneficial bacteria, mycorrizae and thier cousins..Reminds me of Umbra :D !
I have only been relying on the microbes supplied from the worm bins and compost teas .
The teas have not been bubbling as good as it could !
There has not been a lot of microbe population breeding in the teas during the past 2-3 weeks and the only difference is the new weaker version of the fish emulsion i am using ...Yet when i used the green powerfeed bottle 6-8 days ago the phos deficiency as Hushpuppy mentioned started to show on the 2 smaller plants in the smaller pots ! :holysheep:

These signs are also showing on plants 3 and 4 which are in 10 gal pots yet the largest plant of all has a "N" problem i think "yellowing on lower older growth and some new growth " But no signs of the phos lockout or lack of phos !

I'm starting to wonder if i should repot the smaller plants and concentrate on a better breeding system for the microbe herd in the tea !

I don't really know ..so many options and all could be fatal ..:holysheep:

pcduck said:
I use kelp meal in my teas also.:)

What I mean by what the top of your soil looks is, does it have a white build up on top of the soil once it dries out?, is it crusty?

Are the tips of your leaves pointing up? like it is praying?

:D pcduck .
Most of my organic ideas have originated from your good self and umbra !
The problems that i face are soil ammendments and being able to source the products Downunder !
I really wish we had legal grow possibilities down here then i could use happy frog and light warrior, OF , and even get bonemeal or bloodmeal without any political drama !
Its all illegal and its even harder to get reliable info from Australian growers which i guess is fair enough because no one wants competition over a cash crop ! "I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this ";) But some growers do have this outlook ! I'm just trying to get a good soil mix and good grow so i can pollute Australia with gauranteed soil and free seeds to over run the country and keep the passion to maximum levels and give the government more reasons to legalize !
Anyway sorry pc back on topic ! :hubba:

The tips of the leaves seem to be level towards the top of the plants but somewhat droopy down lower from flushing but i guess you mean the claw but a reversed version of it ! And no they don't show bent up tips on the leaves thankfully !

Thanks pcduck i still cant offer you any rep because i need to share some around ..sorry man ! ;)

Hmm MarP , THG , NC ,
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to johnnylongjohns again.

I have only thanked JLJ once in this thread ...Is this normal ?

I am only a beginner grower in organics so my knowledge is limited, but I think I see one problem for you. The soil in your pots looks very compacted and tight. If that is the case then on the next grow run and if you repot the smaller ones, you need to add something like pearlite or coco chunks to add some aeration to the soil and prevent it from compacting.

This is just a suggestion for you(and you may already know this) but I would think that there are farms and farm supply stores somewhere in your country. If they are anything like here in the states, then they will have different soil ammendments in bulk form for gardeners and farmers alike, and if there is a place like that then there's a good chance that they will carry some products that have or enhance the natural beneficial microbes that flourish in your part of the world. Just tell them that you are trying to set up your own organic vegetable garden and you are trying to brew up your own compost for it. :)

Hushpuppy said:
According to my Garden saver book, that appears to be a Phospherous deficiency. Given that you are in organic, I would say that either something is locking up the available Phospherous, or there isn't enough in the soil, or you don't have a strong enough microbe herd.

If they are outside and have been rained upon, that could have caused the PH in the soil to drop to a level that is locking out the P. That would be the first thing I would check, unless I knew that PH isn't off.

It's possible that you have too much nutrients in the mix and that is locking up the P, but I'm not sure how you would determine if that is the case.

The only other thing would be that you just don't have enough P available to keep up with the flowering needs of the plants. One possible solution for that is adding bone meal to your tea or adding in an already chelated source of P like Budswell or Alaska Morebloom to your tea.
I hope this helps you :)
:D Hp I enjoy this site because there is always useful information around every corner ;) !
And after looking up how much phos i am getting at the rootzone It doe's appear that you may well be onto something for sure :cool: !

The microbe herd has also been failing to reach decent quantities as well and its unfortunate to mention that my Hanna Ph meter "USA import" Has let me down due to severe variances yet my son may have thought it was a ball when my back was turned ;) !
So a lockout is very possible as well :hubba: !
I need to get them covered up so they dry out ;)
Get some High Phos liquid humate .;)
And get the ball back in the park :holysheep:

Thanks Heaps Hp Your advice is extremly plausible and I shall Jump on it !

Latest posts

Back