two weeks into flower spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alshuray1

dr.greenthumb
Reaction score
so im in two weeks into flower of my kush girls but i have some serious spider mite issues.
can i use neem oil or some other insecticide during flower
please help

Neem's a good solution. Seems like we're hearing about this allot lately. I was just reading a thread about them by Hick, who seems to have a firm a grasp on control methods. Some recommended practices include a 50/50 mix of pure water and alcohol although I'm not confident as to the strength of the alcohol. Some insecticidal soaps do work also. Some research suggests anti-transpirents work effectively also, stifling the insects ability to "sweat" or evaporate fluids. Spider mites use allot of fluid throughout they're lifetime hence the reason they feed on plant juices so frequently. High humidity and moistt environments will impede the production cycle but will not eradicate them. I'd spend some time on the site and look at various methods. Repeated, consistant applications and a persistant eye will pull you through - don't be discouraged and best of luck.........

i knew that i was just wondering if i can apply neem oil while in flower

Weak solutions of neem oil are okay during flowering although some plants can be sensitive and stigmas can easily burn. I always make sure the plants dry off well before placing back under the light. Best of luck.......

Ladybugs will solve your issue in about the same time it took to happen. I recommend them because they eat bugs, and die when the bugs are gone.

If you already have an infestation ladybugs will not extradite them and ladybugs are not all that good for spider mites anyway. Here are some better predator insects.

hXXp://homeharvest.com/beneinsspidermites.htm

change the XX to tt

yes you can use neem oil in flowerup till two weeks prior is what ive read....just apply liberally all over..do this when Lights go out ..good luck and keep us posted..

I also remember that maineharvest was using alcohol and water mixed 50/50 .. There is also other options at the bottom of this page ! Take care !

hXXp://www.naturescontrol.com/mite.html
Other Controls: Some customers report good results against Mites with some of our more All-Purpose Predators such as Pirate Bugs, Ladybugs and Green Lacewings , but these results may be due to very specific combinations of conditions that most growing environments don't have.

I set up grows for medical patients. when they get mites I use That Stuff Spidermite Destroyer-all natural,safe, no more mites. Can be used up to day of harvest.

what about this stuff hxxp://4hydroponics.com/grow_room/neemoil.asp
or does it only shine?

personally ive had bad luck with neem oil! a couple days later the leafs had dark purple blotches and the leafs and whole plant ended up dying, keep the room cold! theres all kinds of stuff bro...

-dynagrow neem oil (pure)
-Foxfarm no bug me spray
-TR or Doom Pyrethim fogger bomb
-half phed water/half 90% alcohol (spray top and bottom and pot and surrounding area)
-bath in water and dish soap mixture
-Azatrol
-Garlic powder, chilly powder foilage tea
-lady bugs and other predators

good luck man im having the same problem with mites, i got the west coast mite infestation

im goin to try out that neem oil its pretty wierd mites only live on one of my plants they love my yogee but not my og maybie im going to have to suffer and only grw og from now on lol

ok good luck with that stuff man! make sure you turn your lights off after applying it and mix with a biodigradeable dish soap and warm water to mix in the oil as it will float on top

I use all natural WIPEOUT....smells fishy, but sure takes care of the mites

Latest posts

Back