Update on the cookie kid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
I couldn't find the original post on the kid who went around and handed out laced cookies to police departments...or so they said. Turns out the cookies were fine, LOL. Kid should learn his lesson and realize that you should never even go near a cop if you don't have to...EVER.

msnbc.msn.com/id/25613339/#storyContinued

LAKE WORTH, Texas - A teenager jailed on accusations of delivering drug-laced cookies to a dozen police stations was told he would go free Thursday after tests showed no drugs in goodies taken to two departments.

Blue Mound and Lake Worth police said tests by the Tarrant County medical examiner showed there were no controlled substances in cookies delivered this week by Christian V. Phillips, 18, who was jailed in Lake Worth on $75,000 bond on a charge of tampering with a consumer product.

Phillips, 18, was arrested there Tuesday after officers said they smelled marijuana in the basket and their preliminary tests detected LSD, Police Chief Brett McGuire said.

Although Phillips delivered goodies to about a dozen stations in the past couple of weeks, only two had any treats left over to be tested for drugs. Some officers in Fort Worth and Watauga ate the cookies but did not become ill, and they recently had blood tests to determine whether drugs were in their systems.

After receiving the results Thursday afternoon, Lake Worth planned to drop the charges and release Phillips, McGuire said.

Denies wrongdoing
Phillips had told detectives his friend might have been smoking pot while he was baking, and he denied contaminating the goodies or trying to harm anyone, McGuire has said.

Phillips' attorney L. Patrick Davis earlier told The Associated Press that "a lot of things don't add up."

"I'm really upset that this thing has gotten to this point, that this kid has gotten convicted in the media before any evidence was collected," Davis said.

Davis said Phillips was delivering the cookies for Mothers Against Drunk Driving as part of community service work after he was arrested last year at a party in Watauga. MADD also has confirmed that he was doing work for the organization.

Last year, Phillips was charged with assault of a public servant, a felony, but it was reduced to assault with bodily injury, a misdemeanor. He did not plead guilty but was sentenced to an anger management class and about 80 hours of community service, Davis said. He was not put on probation.

If Phillips had completed the terms of his pretrial memorandum agreement, something for first-time offenders, the case would have been removed from his record — which would have been Wednesday, Davis said.

He graduated from high school in May and plans to attend college this fall.

"His life's been derailed, and I hope he can pick up the pieces," Davis said.

omg thats soo harash, he was just being nice thats harash real harash
reform the law we need yall, prevention of misunderstanding leads to others which is already is too late but we learn new things everyday, so please help us reform the law; support the norml, I will contact norml asap for NC pettion to start with and screw senates I ll even get up with senates s teens and memebers to help me out and ditch the senates.

Yea thats pretty jacked up the kid didnt know...But whoever gave him those cookies prob. set him up as well...in short dont trust anyone D.T.A baby

In the earlier article, it said he was not working with MADD, Then in this article it says he was doing community service for MADD. Kid is doing community service for a prior law problem and then he gets this? If I was that kid I would be looking for someone's badge and all the a-hole reporters that reported misinformation. This kid was national news for a week or so, it wasn't just local. Turns out they thought they smelled MJ, are these cops that out of the know...for real.

Out of hand and the poor kid is only 18, wonder if he's feeling angry...I know I would be.

i would be contacting a lawyer.. i bet if he was wearin a suit and tie they wouldn't have thought anything about it.. because he was young and had been in trouble before they just assumed. and when they were wrong a boys life was ruined.. thats very sad..

snuggles where you been man.. i haven't seen much of you on the boards recently.. i hope all is well for you.. how everything going on the DUI?

slowmo77 said:
i would be contacting a lawyer.. i bet if he was wearin a suit and tie they wouldn't have thought anything about it.. because he was young and had been in trouble before they just assumed. and when they were wrong a boys life was ruined.. thats very sad..

snuggles where you been man.. i haven't seen much of you on the boards recently.. i hope all is well for you.. how everything going on the DUI?

I haven't heard anything yet, date for my preliminary is set and I saw the police report. I've been here and there, working and I also am a mod elsewhere so I get busy on those boards...you know just living. Thanks for asking hope all is well with you slowmo77

Latest posts

Back