use hydro nutes in soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw

Reaction score
i bought fox farms tiger bloom and the grow problem is didnt pay attention when i got it.the grow is for hydro-can i use this in soil or do i take it back.,the grow formula is called big grow

On my bottle of Tiger Bloom, it says "Can be used in Hydroponic or Soil gardens". So I'd guess your fine...I used "General Hydroponics" line of nutes for my entire first grow and the plants looked great.

I'm pretty sure all hydro nutes can be used in soil.

i wanted general hydroponics flora series (heard good things about it with cal mag added to it)but the shop didnt carry general hydroponics.so ive read a lot of good things about fox farms so thats what i got

I'm pretty sure you got the right stuff...

I'm using the 3 main FF nutes

Yes you can use them. Just like any nutes you have to watch your plants and they will tell you if they are happy. As with any nutes just start off weak and work up til the plants should you they have enough

My first year of growing I used the FF nutes in "soil" (Pro Mix peat) and had some great results. Like ozzy said, start weak and work the nutes up, it can be easy to burn your plants with that stuff if not careful.

Howdy there ozzy, decided to stop being a troller and post every now and then...

So what is the difference between hydro and soil nutes? I do have an extra unopened bottle of General Hydroponics veg nutrient and I wonder if I should use it after all my grow big is gone.

I also have a couple bottles of Canna nutrients that are made for hydro but the guy at the hydro shop said that they can also be used with straight ProMix. He said he would give me a free sample, which I thought meant a little cup or something with just a little bit, but he grabbed two bottles off of the shelf and just gave them to me. It was $55 for the two bottles and he just gave them to me. He vouched for the Canna line and was very impressed with his own results.

Yep the paranoia had wore off thanks for reminding me there is a member I owe an apology.

I think most of the problems are of some soil nutes being used in hydro and causing problems...I think most hydro nutes can also be used in soil...just not always true the other way around...cld be wrong

wow there are no thanks buttons to hit,so thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back