Leaves curled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi , update, they are a little better now. The small one in back is Skywalker og ,looks ok except where it had water on leaves, the one on the left is the ag and on the right is a Skywalker og but 2 weeks ahead of the one in back. I'm gonna let em sit till thirsty. Also having roof work done next week, probley be a lot of noise on roof should I move them somewhere , keep lights on while work is being done or should I worry
I don't think the noise will bother them.

Bubba

Hi friends. I have a Acapulco gold auto flower, 5 weeks in on 18 ,6 lighting, I'm getting this curl down on the leafs on the top half of the plant.using fox farm o f and just flushed. I did use a little tiger bloom and big bloom but it was doing it be for that. Help please
Update. They have come around, only a little curling now, I let them dry out then flushed then fed on last watering . Still 3 wks to go on the ag, 3 ft tall auto flower

Attachments

• 20231025_074836.jpg
    20231025_074836.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
That looks like the nitrogen claw, but I've also seen plants do that when they dont get enough light. Whats you're humidity at? If the humidity is too low, the stomata are closed, once they close the plant wont transpire, the nutrients get "stuck" in the soil. By feeding and the plant not eating the way it should, the salts build up from the nutrients. Then you come along and waterboard, thats Latin for flush, the roots, they swell and then the plant cant breathe for a little while. The plant recovers slightly because some of the salt has been rinsed away and they return to normal after being waterlogged for a little while, but its essentially a bandaid on a gunshot wound. But seriously, whats your humidity at?

That looks like the nitrogen claw, but I've also seen plants do that when they dont get enough light. Whats you're humidity at? If the humidity is too low, the stomata are closed, once they close the plant wont transpire, the nutrients get "stuck" in the soil. By feeding and the plant not eating the way it should, the salts build up from the nutrients. Then you come along and waterboard, thats Latin for flush, the roots, they swell and then the plant cant breathe for a little while. The plant recovers slightly because some of the salt has been rinsed away and they return to normal after being waterlogged for a little while, but its essentially a bandaid on a gunshot wound. But seriously, whats your humidity at?

good post

got me curious on the humidity

does that apply to outdoor plants , low humidity closing up the stomata and stopping transpiration with curling as the tell tale sign?

we grow outdoors in real low humidity , sometimes under 10%

but it doesn’t seem to affect the plants as far as I can see

but I have seen some plants wilt down due to to much heat outdoors , others not so much , some cannabis plants thrive in high heat

but yeah , what you described for indoors makes a lot of sense

I cant say for sure that curling is a tell tale sign of low humidity causing issues, and I dont think you can compare indoor to outdoor. I havent done both in a long time at the same time and havent grown outdoor enough to know for sure. When I had a few outdoor plants, it wasnt just me tending the plants. I didnt get the final say. But I do think feeding that already hot soil, and low humidity are causing some problems.

Update. They have come around, only a little curling now, I let them dry out then flushed then fed on last watering . Still 3 wks to go on the ag, 3 ft tall auto flower
Where did you get autos in Acacalpulco gold ?
I grew photos of gold from Barneys farm and I loved it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back