using 4" Grodan. when to transplant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Silver Haze

Reaction score
i am using 4" grodan blocks wraped w/plastic and my clones were taken 3 weeks ago. i dont see any roots yet so i guess its still not time to transplant them.

next time i will use the mini blocks.

i use DWC and im concerned with the grodan absorbing too much H2O once its in the net pot. i plan on putting a layer of hydroton on the bottom of the net pot to prevent the grodan from staying saturated.

any thoughts or input on problems i cant foresee.

Those will work, and I agree on the mini's next time. you can put them in the baskets anytime just water from the top till roots hit water. After 3 weeks those roots should be poppin out of those cubes anyday, unless you got the tall 4" it may take a few days longer.

I buy clones all the time from a dispensary they use 4 in cubes but they put the clones in towards the outside of the cube not the middle and they put 6 clones to 1 cube... When you buy the clones they cut them out of the cubes...

Never had any spider mites on any of mine... I also go to the one in the Valley... I dont know if it makes a difference??

You need to let those cubes dry a bit. 4" cubes hold too much water IMO for cloning and seed starting.

thanks for the input. i dont have to worry about them drying out too fast. i estmated when to water them by seeing how heavy they are. i let them soak up H2O from the bottom and to get excess H2O out i sat it on a dry 4" block to draw some of the water out.

waiting for roots.

Latest posts

Back