using Mutagens for new traits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jraddude said:
Ever hear of a gene gun? Its like a brute-force approach to breeding. check this out, pretty interesting, and its got plans so you can make your own! hahah

hxxp://dictybase.org/techniques/particle%20gun/particle_gun.htm#how%20to%20contruct%20a%20particle%20gun

:hubba:... If anybody needs me, I'll be out in the shop..... :p

No one said I would release the seeds, its more for my own interest is all. And your story is quite the stretch, I highly doubt me a newb breeder is going to bring down and destroy the genetics of marijuana. Its just fun to play is all :D

I don't think there's much of a concern with ruining the genetics of marijuana. Although a species' health is measured by their biodiversity, from what I've seen there's a lot more variety with pot than say with corn. There's too much experimentation from the type of people who don't follow what everybody else is doing.

One thing to mention though, is that any chemical that causes mutation through point mutations (not polyploidy) can cause cancer. The plants that grow should be fine but handling the chemical to dose the seeds - that could be dangerous if not done properly.

Latest posts

Back