Vacation and Watering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSwest

Reaction score
Well the holidays are approaching and I'm in a quandry about how to keep my girls alive while I'm away. I'll be gone for a stretch of about 5 days. Anyone have any tips or ideas to keep them watered and healthy or just alive until I return?

I know a lot of users on here are going to face the same situation, help us. Thanks, SS.

drip irrigation. go to a hydro store, get a fish tank pump, a fancy electric timer(one that can let water go by the minuite), a hose, and smaller hoses that connect to the big hose. The pump connects to the main hose, pushes water out into the sub-hoses into your plants for a minuite. Experiment before you leave for how much watering you need.

buy sponges, like 2 of them.
dig down into your soil, put the sponges in the holes you just dug out. then cover with soil.
then when you go to leave for vacation, almost over-water your plants. they will be fine.

This method also works great if your an outdoor grower, and you cant make it to your crop every day, or even a few days

5 days will allow your plants to grow between 5 and 10 inches in height.

How will you raise your lights?

Thats a good point. If they are under flos that are close, they will touch it. If you have an HID then you'll be cool.

I'm in 4 to 5 week of flowering right now, for the most part they have stopped growing up and are now just filling in.

SSwest said:
I'm in 4 to 5 week of flowering right now, for the most part they have stopped growing up and are now just filling in.

Usually, in week 6 or 7, they'll have another growth spurt.

Mine do anyway.

There are also watering gel pouches that are sold at lowes. There like 5-10 bucks and you just put them in the soil and they water for up to 2 weeks. They say up to a month but mine lasted 2 weeks. This way there gauranteed as to a water pump can die and then your screwed till you get back

Latest posts

Back